Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse Oxygen on saving .java file(Oxygen is visibly slower than neon on saving .java file)
Eclipse Oxygen on saving .java file [message #1768011] Wed, 12 July 2017 20:01 Go to next message
harry sheng is currently offline harry shengFriend
Am using zip version (not the eclipse-inst-win64.exe version) of the Eclipse Oxygen for JEE development on windows 10 and Java8.

Oxygen seems to recompile the whole workspace whenever I explicitly save a .java file, it locks the workspace for a couple seconds.

The workspace is originally created with Eclipse neon, I did not have the problem when I was using neon.

It's after I switched Eclipse from neon to oxygen, open the workspace in oxygen, I start having this annoying problem on .java file saving.

Is there a configuration I can use to get the same saving behavior as in neon?

Re: Eclipse Oxygen on saving .java file [message #1768201 is a reply to message #1768011] Fri, 14 July 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. I recreate the workspace with Oxygen (my original workspace was upgraded from neon), disabled the eGit warning message writing to the log file, setup the proxy for Eclipse to access the internet from behind the corporate firewall (so that it does not need to repeatedly trying to download crap and lock the IDE).
Now it works much better, no more hickup on saving .java files. Still feel Oxygen is slightly slower than neon though, this may just be psychological because of the issue I had before.
Re: Eclipse Oxygen on saving .java file [message #1768217 is a reply to message #1768201] Fri, 14 July 2017 18:31 Go to previous message
Still have usability issue in debug mode, enabling or disabling a breakpoint takes seconds.
And I get "org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugException: Breakpoint does not have an associated marker." in the .log file.
Never experienced this problem in neon.
Previous Topic:Install not working
Next Topic:How to export a Programm, that relies on an external JAR and a 32 Bit DLL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:40:23 GMT 2024