Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model to schema conversion in Papyrus(Unable to find an option to generate XSD from the model in Papyrus)
Model to schema conversion in Papyrus [message #1767856] Tue, 11 July 2017 16:00 Go to next message
Swapnil A is currently offline Swapnil AFriend
Hello,

I am working a project where I need to migrate the UML components from Genuitec eclipse to Papyrus. We have the model(.umr file) created in eclipse from which we can generate a schema(.xsd file) using the menu option - it is pretty straight forward.
I know how to create an equivalent model(.di file) in papyrus but I am unable to find how do we generate a schema out of it.
Any help and guidance are appreciated.
Questions are welcome!

Thanks,
Swapnil
Re: Model to schema conversion in Papyrus [message #1767919 is a reply to message #1767856] Wed, 12 July 2017 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Swapnil,

This thread should help you: Papyrus UML to XSD

Basically, the uml file can be changed into an ecore file from which a xsd can be generated. The components used for that are the basic EMF & UML2 components, Papyrus won't bring you anything more, except the diagramming abilities.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Model to schema conversion in Papyrus [message #1768250 is a reply to message #1767919] Sat, 15 July 2017 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, let me try it out.
Re: Model to schema conversion in Papyrus [message #1768352 is a reply to message #1768250] Mon, 17 July 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am able to generate XML schema(xsd) file from a Papyrus model now.
Create and EMF Project -> Model Importer -> UML Model(create ecore based on UML) -> give genmodel name and browse for UML file of model created -> open genmodel file and export as XSD.
Thanks!!
Re: Model to schema conversion in Papyrus [message #1768367 is a reply to message #1768352] Tue, 18 July 2017 05:42 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Glad to help :) And thanks for your feedback

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Registering a Generated Static Profile
Next Topic:How to create a uml profile?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:28:24 GMT 2024