Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early
Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1767843] Tue, 11 July 2017 14:11 Go to next message
Alexander Wieneke is currently offline Alexander WienekeFriend
Hello everyone,

i encountered the following problem.
I have a Menu Bar with 14 entries. The last two each have a submenu with 1 entrie and the other with 4 entries. I check for there existence with "ub_mbr_checkExistenceOfEntry_byTextpath". I check all entries with only one step which has multiple values. With this I get to the following problem.

Sometimes when it is done with the check of the submenu entries it returns up for the next test but it clicks on the way up so one of the other entries gets selected and opens a window. This naturally leads to an error in the testcase since he can not continue as he should.

Is this a known problem and is there a way arround this?

Best Regards
Alex

EDIT: Forgot to tell you the AUT is written with RCP

[Updated on: Wed, 12 July 2017 06:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1767967 is a reply to message #1767843] Wed, 12 July 2017 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milos Hroudny is currently offline Milos HroudnyFriend
My menus work fine but my RCP application has quite flat menu. What I have found, and may be helpful for you, is the fact that if I want to reach a row in the table that has more rows that can be displayed in the window, then:
1/ if I try to select the row that is as default displayed in the window, e.g. row 5,
it is selected without problem.
2/ if I try to select the row that is out of the window space, e.g. row 15, the last
visible row, e.g. row 10, is selected.
I use a standard module <ub_tbl_selectCell>.

I found work around. If I select the first row in the table a then for example the row 20, that is out of window space, it is selected without problem.
You can try the same with menu. In the first step use Textpath with only first level, e.g. File, and then use the same module with the complete Textpath, e.g.
File/Save/Save as.
I expect that you use <ub_mbr_selectEntry_byTextpath>.

I case of table I guess that the behavior is a fault.

Best Regards
Milos
Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1767972 is a reply to message #1767843] Wed, 12 July 2017 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Alex,

I am not aware of such an issue. Can you please elaborate what you mean by:
Quote:
I check all entries with only one step which has multiple values

Is it basically that sometimes the context menu is not disappearing after the "ub_mbr_checkExistenceOfEntry_byTextpath" action?

best regards
Marvin
Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1768040 is a reply to message #1767972] Thu, 13 July 2017 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Milos,

thanks for the advice. I tried it however there is a slight diefference in behavior compared to tables. In a Menu when i select File the Menu gets opened the check however clicks again on File so it is closed and the test ends. I also tried to change the Textpath to Save instead of File/Save however that as well didn't work since he then looks in the top menu for that entry.

@Marvin

It is always the case, that the Menu stays open and he reopens it for the next try.

What i meant with that sentence is i make one step of "ub_mbr_checkExistenceOfEntry_byTextpath" and then put several entries in the Data set like:

# | Textpath | Operator | Exists | Timeout_in_miliseconds
1 | File/Save | matches | true | 0
2 | File/Save as | matches | true | 0
3 | File/Save/Windowtype | matches | true | 0
4 | File/Exit | matches | true | 0

The Problem is not, that the menu is not disappearing the problem is that he clicks while he moves the mouse back to the top to reopen the menu and while he is moving up and clicks a menu entry gets selected. If the menu would close before the mouse moves up and he still clicks on the way up there would still be a problem since he would click on something else in the AUT.
Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1768054 is a reply to message #1768040] Thu, 13 July 2017 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
you are right, menus are diffrerent.
I am not sure, if this helps, but if the problem is with some kind of refresh,
that means menus create big structures and their display and hide take some
time, slow down could help.
I had such problem when I used <ub_mbr_selectEntry_byTextpath>.
Action required from menu command sometimes did not executed.
When I call <ub_app_wait> after the menu action, everything started work correctly.
GUI was not able follow actions.
If I understand well and this is the problem, you can do the same I did:
create a module <SelectMenu>, put your command inside, add wait module,
all parameters that you want configure through dataset set as parameters,
and it could work.
Example of my user module is attached. Actually I use wrappers for all standard modules that I use in my tests.
Milos
Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1768145 is a reply to message #1768054] Fri, 14 July 2017 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help. I did indeed solve the problem with a wait after each step for around 300 milliseconds. Now the menu does indeed close before it was just to fast and it appeared to not close. For now it seems to not click to early anymore.
Re: Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early [message #1768282 is a reply to message #1768145] Sun, 16 July 2017 21:16 Go to previous message
Great
Previous Topic:Jubula and teamcenter
Next Topic:Not correct variable processing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:56:04 GMT 2024