Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench
adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1767803] Tue, 11 July 2017 09:12 Go to next message
sameer singh is currently offline sameer singhFriend
I am a beginner and i am working on eclipse . I started to modify some component. I am trying to add a new path option in installed JRE under preferences through the code without the wizard, but in order to do that i am not able to understand which class to follow so that i could actually go ahead.
So can anyone please guide me.
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1767984 is a reply to message #1767803] Wed, 12 July 2017 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
It would help to know what you are trying to accomplish. But the list of known JVMs is managed by the JDT/Debug component in org.eclipse.jdt.launching. The key class is org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime, interfaces are IVMInstall.

The IDE is itself a great example to learn from. Within the IDE, use Alt-Shift-F1 to invoke the PDE Plugin Spy find out the what implements the view or editor or dialog that you're currently examining, and start poking through the code. Take a look at the Preferences > Java > Installed JREs preference page, for example, to see what it does to list and add to the list of known JREs.

Brian.
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768066 is a reply to message #1767984] Thu, 13 July 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am actually trying to directly add a new entry in the Installed JRE option with the help of code not the wizard, i need to know how do i do that, can i get any support in case of code, if yes please provide me some assistance?

Please see the picture for description. I need to add a new entry in the box outlined with blue color.

index.php/fa/29994/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 50.68KB, Downloaded 512 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 July 2017 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768079 is a reply to message #1768066] Thu, 13 July 2017 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've attached an Oomph task implementation that's designed to create a new JRE entry. You should get the general ideas for how to do this programmatically from this.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768166 is a reply to message #1768079] Fri, 14 July 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you tell me step wise how to follow and what to do step by step to make changes?
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768169 is a reply to message #1768166] Fri, 14 July 2017 10:10 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't think anyone will just do the work for you. You'll need to do the work yourself or pay someone else to do it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen?
Next Topic:Branding not upgraded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:04:36 GMT 2024