Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] MasterServer Crash - macOS([CDO] Error while trying to run ExampleMasterServer.launch)
[CDO] MasterServer Crash - macOS [message #1767512] Thu, 06 July 2017 15:37 Go to next message
Nirmal Kanagasabai is currently offline Nirmal KanagasabaiFriend
Hello Team,

We were investigating the functionalities of CDO and when we tried it on our Mac, we ran into problems. The User contributed documents were a little out of date and we had some trouble in setting things up initially.

While following the tutorials found online, I was able to run it on Eclipse Mars. In Eclipse Neon (& Oxygen), the server failed to start.

On both Mac and Windows OS (Eclipse Neon and Oxygen), while validating the plug-ins, the following problems were detected:
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt
Missing Constraint:
Require-Capability: osgi.extender;
filter="(&(osgi.extender=osgi.component)
(version>=1.2)(!(version>=2.0)))"

I tried to add required plug-ins and even add org.eclipse.equinox.ds plug-in as suggested by few but no luck! However, in Windows machine, even with this error message, the CDO server started without any hassle. I used CDO explorer clients and I was able to test few of the functionalities as depicted in your Youtube (Satisfy your requirements before you even know them) tutorial.

When it comes to Mac, none of these worked. I tried to install the 'Eclipse Modeling Tools', 'CDO Server' and 'CDO Explorer'. I even installed all Modeling components from the Update Site but in vain. Please find attached herewith the error I receive in my Mac when I try to run the examples that is shipped along with CDO.

Unless I go back to Eclipse Mars, I cannot test CDO in Mac. I might be doing something wrongly (which is evident but I am unable to find it myself). I humbly request you to help me out on this regard. I will be extremely glad if you can direct me to any new tutorial on EMF which I have overlooked.

Regards,
Nirmal
  • Attachment: Error.txt
    (Size: 20.29KB, Downloaded 130 times)
Re: [CDO] MasterServer Crash - macOS [message #1767529 is a reply to message #1767512] Thu, 06 July 2017 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
Did you check the stack trace?

org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Error while creating file "/develop" [90062-168]

Re: [CDO] MasterServer Crash - macOS [message #1767544 is a reply to message #1767529] Fri, 07 July 2017 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
I agree with Erdal. You should revisit the datasource element in your cdo-server.xml file and probably and adjust the database path to some location your Mac can write to:

<dataSource class="org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource"
        URL="jdbc:h2:/develop/cdo-master/h2/big;LOCK_TIMEOUT=10000;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=0"/>

Re: [CDO] MasterServer Crash - macOS [message #1767669 is a reply to message #1767544] Sun, 09 July 2017 03:13 Go to previous message
Nirmal Kanagasabai is currently offline Nirmal KanagasabaiFriend
Hello Erdal and Eike,

I didn't realize how silly the bug was. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to figure out what the actually issue was. I added the full path to the URL and it worked!
Thank you very much! :)

Regards,
Nirmal

Previous Topic:Does EMF supports merge multi-model instance into one, which are based on the same meta-model
Next Topic:Custom serialization format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:32:22 GMT 2024