Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CTRL + Click not working since Neon?
CTRL + Click not working since Neon? [message #1767421] Wed, 05 July 2017 20:33 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
We have a cross development project that we use scons as the build tool for. Source is imported as a Makefile Project with Existing Code, but Eclipse is not used for building or debugging.

Targets are bsd and windows. I dev on windows.

On Eclipse Mars I am able to ctrl+click on a declaration in the .h file and it takes me to the definition in the .cpp file. I have lost this ability since Neon. I have lost the ability to CTRL+Click most things. In Mars, almost everything was correctly navigated to via CTRL+Click.

I thought it had something to do with CDT removing the Visual C++ toolchain, but I recently found out you can add it in manually as an additional package. I did that, but still nothing.

Any other ideas would be greatly greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to learn another editor.
Re: CTRL + Click not working since Neon? [message #1767828 is a reply to message #1767421] Tue, 11 July 2017 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
This sounds a little like: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=517610 But AFAICT that only kicked in for Oxygen. But since you are posting after Oxygen was released, perhaps you have the newer linux tools which experiences the problem.

There is a workaround (Comment 5):

To work around the problem, you can disable the Change Log hyperlink by going to Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Hyperlinking, then untick "Changelog Detector".
Re: CTRL + Click not working since Neon? [message #1767870 is a reply to message #1767828] Tue, 11 July 2017 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
+10!

Where can I send beer money?
Re: CTRL + Click not working since Neon? [message #1775920 is a reply to message #1767828] Wed, 08 November 2017 09:27 Go to previous message
rongjun bian is currently offline rongjun bianFriend
Jonah Graham wrote on Tue, 11 July 2017 12:42
This sounds a little like: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=517610 But AFAICT that only kicked in for Oxygen. But since you are posting after Oxygen was released, perhaps you have the newer linux tools which experiences the problem.

There is a workaround (Comment 5):

To work around the problem, you can disable the Change Log hyperlink by going to Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Hyperlinking, then untick "Changelog Detector".

It works.
i turn off and turn on ,and then the ctrl navigatior is ok.

Previous Topic:retrieve children elements of a function
Next Topic:Eclipse Hangs on Start: CDT Scanner Discovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:28:21 GMT 2024