Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Preview button not available for web template connector
Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767314] Tue, 04 July 2017 15:27 Go to next message
Vincent Aravantinos is currently offline Vincent AravantinosFriend
Hi,

I am trying to set up a web template connector for my redmine issue tracker. I followed this http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/HowTo_Mylyn but it somehow does not work so I try to debug it following this https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/FAQ#Web_Templates_Connector

In the latter page a button "Preview" is mentionned but I don't have it in my installation. Is it gone? Is there some replacement? Some other way of observing the output of my query?

Thx!
V
Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767348 is a reply to message #1767314] Tue, 04 July 2017 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan is currently offline Jaxsun McCarthy HugganFriend
Hello Vincent,

I do not have a redmine repository to test against, however I do see the preview button the the new query wizard under the Advanced Configuration section.

Could you give more details about where in the setup process you are first encountering issues?

Have you tried one of the 'specialized' redmine connectors mentioned at the top of http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/HowTo_Mylyn#Web-Templates-on-Redmine-33 ? The web templates connector is experimental and not fully supported, so an specialized redmine connector would likely be easier to use.

index.php/fa/29842/0/
  • Attachment: redmine.png
    (Size: 14.25KB, Downloaded 376 times)
Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767360 is a reply to message #1767348] Wed, 05 July 2017 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. Does not look like this for me. No Open nore Preview button.

I just got aware that I tried it out on a Kepler Eclipse though, so that's probably the reason!
I will try again with Neon.
Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767418 is a reply to message #1767360] Wed, 05 July 2017 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The web templates connector has not changed in many years, so I am doubtful that your issues is because you are on Kepler.
Do you see the section for Advanced Configuration in the query editor? You have to expand the section to get the preview button etc.
Can you post a screenshot of what the wizard looks like for you?
Can you tell me what version of org.eclipse.mylyn.web.tasks is installed in your Eclipse?
Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767488 is a reply to message #1767418] Thu, 06 July 2017 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh ok. Then here you go:
index.php/fa/29871/0/

And the version:
index.php/fa/29872/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 67.59KB, Downloaded 366 times)
  • Attachment: Capture2.PNG
    (Size: 6.80KB, Downloaded 345 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 July 2017 11:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767536 is a reply to message #1767488] Fri, 07 July 2017 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ok,

That is the Task Repository configuration, the preview button is a part of the Repository Query configuration.
In Mylyn you define a repository, then you create queries which retrieve tasks from the repository, one may have none, one or many queries for a repository.

And you're on the latest release of Mylyn.
Re: Preview button not available for web template connector [message #1767835 is a reply to message #1767536] Tue, 11 July 2017 13:19 Go to previous message
Ah great thank you so much!!!
Previous Topic:Mylyn 3.23.1 is now available
Next Topic:"Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:47:46 GMT 2024