Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » X-Text Linking Services(Provide link for object's, without fully qualified name during cross-reference.)
X-Text Linking Services [message #1766977] Thu, 29 June 2017 08:32 Go to next message
Sagnick Banerjee is currently offline Sagnick BanerjeeFriend
I am trying to provide link for object without fully qualified name, during cross reference.
Example

Class-A:
Contains,
Employee as [Object]

Main Class:
Normally, if you want to call Employee object in Main class you need to do:
ClassA.Employee

Instead I am trying to provide the link to
Employee
itself, without its class name.

Note:
I do not have import option and dependency tab in my working ide.

Let, me know if some-body knows how to do it.
Re: X-Text Linking Services [message #1767011 is a reply to message #1766977] Thu, 29 June 2017 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

You would have to adjust your scope provider to provide these simple names instead of qualified names. Question is how you determine which namespace should be imported.

I suggest to read the scoping documentation carefully first and look at this presentation:
https://de.slideshare.net/holgerschill/deep-dive-into-xtext-scoping-local-and-global-scopes-explained

The most trivial solution to allow only simple names. This might work for your use case first, but in real projects there are just a few cases where this is a good idea. In this case bind the SimpleNameProvider as IQualifiedNameProvider

MyRuntimeModule:
	override bindIQualifiedNameProvider() {
		org.eclipse.xtext.naming.SimpleNameProvider
	}

Re: X-Text Linking Services [message #1767020 is a reply to message #1767011] Thu, 29 June 2017 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sagnick Banerjee is currently offline Sagnick BanerjeeFriend
Thanks for the reply. I will read the scoping documentation.
But, in my case I have duplicate name.
Example:
Class A:
Contains Employee object.
Class B:
Also contains Employee object.
Main Class:
I wrote Employee, in this case I want to stop link and provide error.
Is it possible in XText to stop linking services in case I have duplicate object and user has not provided fully qualified name?
Re: X-Text Linking Services [message #1767021 is a reply to message #1767020] Thu, 29 June 2017 14:53 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

No and this does not make sense. If a name is ambiguous and you have to qualify it then you have to provide a qualified name. Using SimpleNameProvider is the wrong choice then.

Instead you will have to create a proper scope with the names of the class that is the context.

You will have to customize your scope provider.
Previous Topic:Class not found exception in packaged plug-in. Xtext file .ui generate
Next Topic:Generalization of Numbers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:42:45 GMT 2024