Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Getting the name of parent container in ATL
Getting the name of parent container in ATL [message #1766946] Wed, 28 June 2017 22:50 Go to next message
Ruchika Kumar is currently offline Ruchika KumarFriend
Is there any way I can get the name of parent or parent of parent of a node in input while transforming using ATL?

For example, my input model is of the form:

<ucmMaps name="MapA">
<paths name="start">
<pathBody>
<pathNodes name="check"/>
</pathBody>
</paths>
</ucmMaps>

and I want to get the ucmMap name ("mapA" in this case) for pathNode "check". I will need to go two or more (not fixed) level up the hierarchy and get the name of the required parent container.

Re: Getting the name of parent container in ATL [message #1767628 is a reply to message #1766946] Fri, 07 July 2017 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

refImmediateComposite() will do that.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: Getting the name of parent container in ATL [message #1767629 is a reply to message #1767628] Fri, 07 July 2017 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ruchika Kumar is currently offline Ruchika KumarFriend
Wouldn't it give me the PathBody here? This is just an example and the input model could also have pathbody inside another pathbody/ies and then i need to get the name of the path.
Re: Getting the name of parent container in ATL [message #1767632 is a reply to message #1767629] Fri, 07 July 2017 19:37 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

You can write a recursive helper method that goes all the way up until refImmediateComposite() returns OclUndefined, or until it returns the element type you're looking for (oclIsKindOf()).

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Getting Stereotypes for Model transformations
Next Topic:Tutorials for working with UML Stereotypes and Composite Structure Diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:14:01 GMT 2024