Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » compilerArg for batch compiler/PDE Build -warn:-raw not working
compilerArg for batch compiler/PDE Build -warn:-raw not working [message #1766896] Wed, 28 June 2017 15:33 Go to next message
Glenn Burkhardt is currently offline Glenn BurkhardtFriend
I'm using Eclipse Neon 4.6.3 with Java 8.121.
During our headless builds, I'm getting warnings about raw types, e.g.,

Type safety: The method fireValueChange(ValueDiff) belongs to the raw type AbstractObservableValue. References to generic type AbstractObservableValue<T> should be parameterized

I'd like to ignore these for the moment, so I changed the 'compilerArg' entry in build.properties to be something like:

compilerArg="-warn:-raw,+null,nullDereference,unusedAllocation

but that doesn't suppress the warnings. Oddly, this did:

compilerArg="-warn:none,+null,nullDereference,unusedAllocation

but there's a message in the output:

invalid warning token: 'none'. Ignoring warning and compiling

How does one get this to work? Or is it a bug?
Re: compilerArg for batch compiler/PDE Build -warn:-raw not working [message #1769342 is a reply to message #1766896] Sun, 30 July 2017 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Is this still relevant?
Directly from a shell prompt I cannot reproduce. Maybe s.t. is not correctly passed from PDE/build to the batch compiler?
Can you see the actual command line of the compiler invocation?
Re: compilerArg for batch compiler/PDE Build -warn:-raw not working [message #1769667 is a reply to message #1769342] Wed, 02 August 2017 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glenn Burkhardt is currently offline Glenn BurkhardtFriend
I'm invoking the build with

/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_141/bin/java' -jar /d/eclipse.neon.x86_64/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile /d/eclipse.neon.x86_64/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.9.200.v20160204-0642/scripts/productBuild/productBuild.xml -Dbuilder=/c/views/integ3/itek/JavaProjects/projects/rmps/buildConfig -Dbase=/d -DbaseLocation=/d/eclipse.neon.x86_64 '-DSO_PREFIX= ' -DSO_SUFFIX=dll -data ./workspace -Dbaseos=win32 -Dbasews=win32 -Dbasearch=x86_64 -Dconfigs=win32,win32,x86_64 -DbuildType=R -DbuildId=TestBuild -DarchiveNamePrefix=com.goodrich.rmps -DarchivePrefix=RMPS -DbuildDirectory=/c/views/integ3/itek/JavaProjects/projects/rmps -Dproduct=/c/views/integ3/itek/JavaProjects/projects/rmps/plugins/com.goodrich.rmps.db110.productLine.product/rmps.productLine.db110.product

The compilerArg value is specified in "/c/views/integ3/itek/JavaProjects/projects/rmps/buildConfig/build.properties":

compilerArg="-warn:-raw,-deprecation,-enumSwitch,+null,nullDereference,unusedAllocation,unusedThrown,unusedImport,deadCode,hiding,uselessTypeCheck,syncOverride,semicolon,conditionAssign,fallthrough"

Re: compilerArg for batch compiler/PDE Build -warn:-raw not working [message #1769671 is a reply to message #1769667] Wed, 02 August 2017 14:25 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
You show the command line of the ant invocation. Unfortunately, this doesn't show how the compiler (ecj) is invoked.
Perhaps you need to pass some verbose flag to ant in order to see that?
Previous Topic:Running JShell as an interactive external tool?
Next Topic:anonymous java class generation using jdt and lombok
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:55:33 GMT 2024