Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Git Ceredentials Manager integration(integration with git credentials manager )
Git Ceredentials Manager integration [message #1766883] Wed, 28 June 2017 14:01 Go to next message
Sabri LABBENE is currently offline Sabri LABBENEFriend
Hi all,
I wanted to know if there is an integration in eclipse with Git Credentials Manager for windows [1].
I'm providing a git repository hosting facility in my company relying on https protocol with basic authentication for git commands using an automatically generated access token by the facility. No way to remember these automatically generated access token nor to get them from the facility.
Since developers can use different other tools/IDE at the same time with eclipse, they can not store their git credentials in a single place and make use of those stored credentials. As far as eclipse is concerned, i know that there is a secure store but doesn't allow people once they registered their credentials in there to make use of them when trying git commands in atom, command line or visual studio.
Please note that Git Credentials manager is used by atom, visual studio and command line (Git Bash) when configured in git at system level.

What I think is missing is an integration with Git Credentials Manager. May be it already exists but I didn't found it ?!

Thanks for your insights.

[1] : https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows
Re: Git Ceredentials Manager integration [message #1766936 is a reply to message #1766883] Wed, 28 June 2017 21:05 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Support for Git credentials manager is not yet implemented in JGit.
Maybe you want to contribute that ?
Previous Topic:Authentication failure trying to access a TFS git repo
Next Topic:GitHub API: How to access search API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:41:03 GMT 2024