Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt(Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt)
Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt [message #1766803] Tue, 27 June 2017 12:22 Go to next message
Sudhu K is currently offline Sudhu KFriend
Hi,

I am trying to compile my c++ eclipse project from command prompt.

:\Piranha_Development_Tools\Eclipse_Kepler_64bit\eclipsec.exe -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\Test_Trunk\TrunkTestWS - build k64f

But I am getting error as attached.
Please let me know if any link I can follow to resolve this issue.
My main objective is to build my c++ eclipse project from command line instead of eclipse IDE. When I run the same project in eclipse IDE I am able to generate .bin file.

Eclipse version:-
Kepler Release Build id: 20130614-0229

Java version:-
java version "1.8.0_131"

Thanks.
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 160.20KB, Downloaded 401 times)
Re: Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt [message #1766852 is a reply to message #1766803] Wed, 28 June 2017 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi,

Please copy and paste error messages as plain text. AFAICT the command line is incomplete in the screenshot.

One thing that looks strange is the space between - and build. Normally I would expect to specify "all" or "projectname/config" to -build too.

Again, I recommend that you upgrade to newer Eclipse unless you have strong reason to use ancient version. Or at least test with the newer version to confirm that the issue you are seeing has not been fixed.

Re: Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt [message #1766859 is a reply to message #1766852] Wed, 28 June 2017 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,
after removing the space between the - and build( -build) . I am not getting any error. But my c++ project also not compiling.Means once I give the below command,
C:\Piranha_Development_Tools\Eclipse_Kepler_64bit\eclipsec.exe -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\Test_Trunk\TrunkTestWS -build k64f

it will return to command prompt with in few seconds.

I want to compile my c++ eclipse project and generate the bin file.
I got the below command from google. But only my eclipse project is launching but no build is happening.
eclipse -nosplash 
        -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild 
        -import {[uri:/]/path/to/project} 
        -build {project_name | all} 
        -cleanBuild {projec_name | all}
Re: Want to compile c++ eclipse project from command prompt [message #1766863 is a reply to message #1766852] Wed, 28 June 2017 10:46 Go to previous message
Hi,

For me if I give below command,
To list and view the full set of available options, use the command:
eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild

It is not listing anything.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhipsa
Previous Topic:Debugging with gdb on macOS Sierra
Next Topic:Remote debug window (Remote app file path attribute)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:22:52 GMT 2024