Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » auto-completion and global variables in EGL/EGX?
auto-completion and global variables in EGL/EGX? [message #1766587] Fri, 23 June 2017 10:35 Go to next message
Jonas Sorgalla is currently offline Jonas SorgallaFriend
Hi folks,

I'm currently doing my first steps with Epsilon EGL and so far I'm really happy and have a great learning experience.

However, I noticed that there is no auto-completion in an .egl file for elements of my metamodel. Is there a secret way to magically add this (like the --page stuff in ATL)?

Another issue I stumbled upon is the EGX rule mechanism. Is there a best practice for transferring knowledge from one rule to another? To examplify here is a short snippet:

main.egx
rule example1 
  transform element1 : Element1 {  
  template : "ex1.egl"  
  target : "someFile.example"
}
rule example2 
  transform element2 : Element2 {  
  template : "ex2.egl"  
  target : "anotherFile.example"
}

How to access information from rule example1 (e.g. element1.name) in the template of rule example2? Is there a way to define global variables which are accessable in ex1.egl and ex2.egl?

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

Re: auto-completion and global variables in EGL/EGX? [message #1766589 is a reply to message #1766587] Fri, 23 June 2017 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jonas,

It's nice to hear that you are having a pleasant experience with EGL so far!

> However, I noticed that there is no auto-completion in an .egl file for elements of my metamodel. Is there a secret way to magically add this (like the --page stuff in ATL)?

Epsilon languages are optionally and dynamically typed so there's no support for metamodel-driven code-completion I'm afraid.

> Is there a way to define global variables which are accessable in ex1.egl and ex2.egl?

You can define such variables in EGX's pre {} block and then use the "parameters" feature of EGX rules to pass them on to templates. See [1] for an example.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/egx-parameters/
Re: auto-completion and global variables in EGL/EGX? [message #1766609 is a reply to message #1766589] Fri, 23 June 2017 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Sorgalla is currently offline Jonas SorgallaFriend
Wow! Thx Dimitris for the quick and very helpful reply.
I'll try to promote the epsilon framework at our university as best I can :)!
Re: auto-completion and global variables in EGL/EGX? [message #1766610 is a reply to message #1766609] Fri, 23 June 2017 12:51 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Great! Any further questions, please give us a shout!

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:refImmediateComposite in ETL
Next Topic:Epsilon Generation Language - Multiple Models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:57:53 GMT 2024