Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Help: Extends Cloudlet(Not activated)
Help: Extends Cloudlet [message #1766583] Fri, 23 June 2017 10:00 Go to next message
Wei Han Yap is currently offline Wei Han YapFriend
Hi,

I wanted to extends Cloudlet to build a bundle where i can remote manage my remote devices. I had tried the following codes and method [1][2] but it just doesn't activate with "s_logger.info("Activating Extends Cloudlet\")" inside the activate method. "activate" is also input into the component.xml by following this [3]. And even went further with this [4].

Then i decide to implement the "Cloudlet" myself by following this [5].I found that the KuraException in the doGet, doPut, doPost,.. causes it not able to activate.

No problem building bundle with demo.heater and running it.

Hardware: Raspberry Pi Model B.
Kura version: 3.0 (kura_3.0.0_raspberry-pi-bplus_installer.deb)
Developing on Windows 7, Eclipse Mars.2.

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1071721/
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1075063/

[3] eclipse.github.io/kura/dev/hello-example.html
[4] eclipse.github.io/kura/dev/configurable_component.html

[5] github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/release-3.0.0/kura/org.eclipse.kura.api/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/cloud/Cloudlet.java
Re: Help: Extends Cloudlet [message #1767043 is a reply to message #1766583] Thu, 29 June 2017 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Extending Cloudlet is an important feature of Kura and should work without issue. Let's try and limit the scope of your question to that. When extending Cloudlet, can you provide the output of the /var/log/kura.log and /var/log/kura-console.log files? Can you also provide the output of the 'ss' and 'ls' commands from the OSGi console?

Also, providing as much of your code as possible will be very helpful.

Thanks,
--Dave

[Updated on: Thu, 29 June 2017 22:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help: Extends Cloudlet [message #1767048 is a reply to message #1767043] Fri, 30 June 2017 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wei Han Yap is currently offline Wei Han YapFriend
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply! I managed to get it working while the moderator approve my post. I did a few changes and it works. I changed from "kura_3.0.0_raspberry-pi-bplus_installer.deb" to "kura_3.0.0_raspberry-pi-2-3_installer.deb" and execution environments from JavaSE-1.6 to JavaSE-1.7.

I can't use kura-equinox_3.11.1.target. There is missing directory from the repository. I had to copy the folders/files from kura-equinox_3.8.1.target from the "user_workspace_archive_1.2.0.zip" over to the target-definition folder. And am i using the latest "user_workspace_archive_1.2.0.zip"?

Cheers,
WH

[Updated on: Fri, 30 June 2017 02:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help: Extends Cloudlet [message #1767297 is a reply to message #1767048] Tue, 04 July 2017 14:02 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi Wei,
Kura 3.0.0 runs only on Java 8, so I would suggest to upgrade the VM or choose an older version of Kura.

I would also suggest to try to align the Kura version of your target device with the user_workspace_archive version you are using in your Eclipse IDE for development in order to leverage correctly the existing APIs.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Edge device management
Next Topic:Eclipse Smart GreenHouse Package not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:45:31 GMT 2024