Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » How to use FORTE for PLC(keywords: FORTE, eCos, PLC)
How to use FORTE for PLC [message #1766552] Fri, 23 June 2017 01:44 Go to next message
tao xu is currently offline tao xuFriend
It is confirmed that FORTE support operating systems-eCos. So I want that FORTE run on the eCos. Then I can use the programming language, LAD. All the program will download to my PLC. But I do not know the process. First, how does FORTE run on the eCos? Second, how is my LAD program in conjunction with FORTE? Finally, how do all the program download to my PLC? Thank you!
Re: How to use FORTE for PLC [message #1766935 is a reply to message #1766552] Wed, 28 June 2017 20:54 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

In order to use FORTE with eCos you need to first have the eCos libraries and includes for your system. Then you can setup the CMake configuration for FORTE using cross compiling specifying the eCos -compiler, libraries and includes. Based on that you can build a FORTE application which will uitlize the eCos for your platform. This may require some adjustments on FORTE side depending on your platform. You can have a look on the arch/eCoS/phycore directory to see how this was done for the phycore at91 board.

4diac does not LAD. 4daic is an implementation of EIC 6199 standard for distributed control applications. The main element is an event driven function block. Applicaitons and FBs can be developed with the 4diac-ide and also deployed to supported devices. Please have a look on your documenation (https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php) for an overview and tutorials how to use 4diac.
Previous Topic:FORTE - Matlab TCP/IP communication
Next Topic:How to use 4DIAC 1.8.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:03:10 GMT 2024