Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » NoClassDefFoundError(Oh my god ! : NoClassDefFoundError, NoClassDefFoundError and NoClassDefFoundError again)
NoClassDefFoundError [message #1766505] Thu, 22 June 2017 10:27 Go to next message
Didier Garcin is currently offline Didier GarcinFriend
Hi,

I have some skills in PDE.
But for the first time, I want to develop a standalone Eclipse windowless application : a line command taking user-parameters on command-line, which does the job and quits.

I encounter in the overrided IApplication.start() a NoClassDefFoundError when calling my own class located in a lib eclipse plugin of my own, org.xmlgen.

Nevertheless, I have declared org.xmlgen in required plug-ins and mostly, I have checked my workspace plugin in plugins panel of Run configuration.

org.xmlgen (lib) plugin is built correctly. Its classes are stored in bin directory of org.xmlgen project.

So, please, what's wrong ? Do I miss something to do ?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 June 2017 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoClassDefFoundError [message #1766542 is a reply to message #1766505] Thu, 22 June 2017 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier Garcin is currently offline Didier GarcinFriend
Ok ...

Seems to be a bug of Equinox/Eclipse.

The org.xmlgen plugin is developed under git and while ./git is the workspace base directory, the project is under ./git/org.xmlgen/org.xmlgen_dev/.

It is well managed by Eclipse IDE but Equinox fails to ...

Great ...
Re: NoClassDefFoundError [message #1766885 is a reply to message #1766542] Wed, 28 June 2017 14:26 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Um, it's not a bug in Equinox: the Eclipse IDE uses this same mechanism to launch the IDE.

You'll need to create an "Eclipse product". Your product defines, amongst other things, the default application[/em], for which you provide your IApplication class.

You then need to create your product, either using the Export option or, better yet, using a build tool like Tycho (for Maven), or Goomph (for Gradle).

Brian.
Previous Topic:IPerspectiveFactory in an e4 application
Next Topic:Keep contributed part hidden till requested
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:23:14 GMT 2024