Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » MQTT Server Authorization (request/response topic)
MQTT Server Authorization (request/response topic) [message #1766473] Wed, 21 June 2017 18:49 Go to next message
Brahim AIT ELHAJ is currently offline Brahim AIT ELHAJFriend
Hello,

Maybe my question is more oneM2M spec related but i hope someone will be able to enlighten me !

Let's say i have the following configuration :
- a device (sensor) : ADN-AE
- a gateway device : MN (MN-AE + MN-CSE)
- a platform service IN (IN-CSE)

Regarding the communication :
- The MQTT server is co-located with the IN-CSE and allows connection of the MNs.
- The communication between my gateway and my platform is done through MQTT
- The communication between my ADN and the MN is not done through MQTT but another protocol (let's say ZIgbee) ... so my ADN cannot subscribe/publish to MQTT topics. (See 5.2.3.3 of the TS-0010-V2.4.1 / MQTT Protocol Binding document).

To sum-up, i'm in the exact same configuration as the figure below :

http://i.imgur.com/LkKLjqW.png

In the same document (), the spec indicates that the pattern to send request is : /oneM2M/req/<originator>/<receiver>/<type>

When the ADN wants to indicate that some data has changed, it will communicate with its MN and the MN will communicate with the IN.
My questions are :
Q1 : who are the originator and the receiver in this case (from the spec point of view) ?

if we say that the originator is the MN and the IN the receiver, how can we know (at the IN level) that the event/notification concerns the ADN because its ID is nowhere ...

The spec details about who subscribes and published to what topic seems great ... but i can't see how it suits the ADN that has no MQTT client ...

The spec gives a lot possibles scenarios for MQTT architecture (See 5.2.2 of the TS-0010-V2.4.1 / MQTT Protocol Binding document). However it would be great having some concrete examples.

Q3 : I was able to find a really interesting oneM2M technical Report document named «Smart Farm Example using MQTT Broker».
However all the implementations sections are empty.

Does some sample implementation for this kind of use case exist somewhere ? Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards

Re: MQTT Server Authorization (request/response topic) [message #1766508 is a reply to message #1766473] Thu, 22 June 2017 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brahim AIT ELHAJ is currently offline Brahim AIT ELHAJFriend
Hi,

I think, i found the answer by myself. The « Functional Architecture » document spec says :

originator: in case of a request traversing a single reference point, the Originator is the AE/CSE that sends the request
NOTE: In case of a request that traverses multiple reference points, the Originator is the AE/CSE that sends the
first request in the sequence

Hence, i understand that - in my case - the originator is the ADN-AE and not the MN ... the MN only forwards the request to the IN.

The sent request by the MN MQTT Client is a MQTT Publish to :

/oneM2M/req/ADN-AE-ID/CSE-IN-ID/{type}

Am i right ?

Thanks for your help !

Re: MQTT Server Authorization (request/response topic) [message #1775258 is a reply to message #1766508] Fri, 27 October 2017 01:38 Go to previous message
Umar Farooq is currently offline Umar FarooqFriend
Hi Brahim,

Can you guide me on where did you learn how to to setup the communication between gateway and IN through MQTT? I understand the overall architecture, but struggle to start developing it through MQTT. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Umar
Previous Topic:raspberry as gateway
Next Topic:communication between multiple IN-CSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:23:07 GMT 2024