Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Point to click is outside of component on select
Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1766296] Tue, 20 June 2017 05:53 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hi there,

i am using jubula now for a while and never had a problem like this and i have no idea what the reason could be. im trying to check some values in a swt tree table in a rcp application. what i do is to select the path first then move the mouse to the column where the value is which i want to check and use the check value at mouse position action. this steps will be repeated for about 100 times on different entries in the tree table.

what happens is that the test execution stops due to an action error (Point to click is outside of component) on a randomly select node action. some times its already failing on one of the first select action and sometimes it runs to one of the last and the error happens there, but it happens almost every time.

anyone an idea what i can try to do? i didn' t get why this error is happening yet. When you select a node that's not visible the table will scrolled for normal...

its the case 'ub_trt_selectEntryByTextpath_specifyColumnPath' which is failing.
I'm using Jubula 8.5 ITE on Win7 with an rcp AUT.

Best Regards
Dominik
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1766515 is a reply to message #1766296] Thu, 22 June 2017 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Dominik,

indeed this behavior is a little bit strange, but also not unknown to me. This mostly does happen if either the scrollbar is in the way, or if jubula sometimes does not scroll correct to the node (in the case of a tree/treeTable) and only less than half of the node is visible.

Which version your RCP application is based on?
Did the same test did run in an old Version of Jubula?

Best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1766564 is a reply to message #1766515] Fri, 23 June 2017 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My RCP is based on Oxygen. And i don't know if the test would run in an older version, cause it's a new one i created. i had this issue sometimes before in other tests with older versions of jubula but it happened extremely rarely.

Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1766798 is a reply to message #1766564] Tue, 27 June 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Dominik,

would it be possible that you post the HTML test results or otherwise send them via E-Mail to Marvin Müller so we can have a look at your tests and the screenshots of the failed test steps?

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1766808 is a reply to message #1766798] Tue, 27 June 2017 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kevin,

i sent a mail with the html report to Marvin

Best Regards
Dominik
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1767080 is a reply to message #1766808] Fri, 30 June 2017 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dominik,
Sorry for the late answer,
i have had a look into your testresult. It seems that sometimes simply the scrolling is not done correctly, or maybe not at all. If you look at the testresult the phrase which should be selected is not visible in the view.
I was not able to reproduce this (but i must also say i have not a tree which is that deep structure). My suggestion would be to have a retry event handler which is simply doing nothing, but retrying the action one time if there is an action error. This is not a good thing but for me its worth a try. If this is also happening after the second try, we should somehow think about how we can either reproduce the issue or get more information.

Also maybe you did observe some strange scrolling behavior?

For your Information, the Scrolling works as following:
1. we call tree.showItem
2. we try to scroll the node rectangle to visible.

Best Regards
Marvin
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1767176 is a reply to message #1767080] Mon, 03 July 2017 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi there,

i didn't observe some strange scrolling behavior yet. i tried the retry solution and run the test 15 times without the select problem. so it seems to work for me. Thanks very much!
if you want to investigate farther into that problem and need more information, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards
Dominik
Re: Point to click is outside of component on select [message #1768862 is a reply to message #1767176] Mon, 24 July 2017 12:58 Go to previous message
posted on the wrong thread

[Updated on: Tue, 25 July 2017 05:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Notification on new releases
Next Topic:Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:28:07 GMT 2024