Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout doesn't compile (IService not found)(It appears that scout brings a broken jar in the newest version.)
Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766042] Thu, 15 June 2017 07:10 Go to next message
Corrado Parisi is currently offline Corrado ParisiFriend
Hello I just downloaded the newest Eclipse for Scout developers and wanted to generate the HelloWorld example. Unfortunately the generated code has compile errors, because the interface IService cannot be found.

Eclipse cannot find the class even though it is present in the maven dependencies. I assume that there is a problem with "org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform". The class can be found under "org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service".

What I tried without success:
- Alt+F5 on all projects.
- Project > Clean
- Deleting .m2 repository
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766043 is a reply to message #1766042] Thu, 15 June 2017 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
tx for your report
- what is the version string of your ide? (menu help -> about: should say something like "Eclipse for Scout Developers, Version: Oxygen Release Candidate 3 (4.7.0 RC3), Build id: 20170608-2000"
- what hw/os do you use?
- can you share the parent and properties section of the main pom file of your helloworld app?
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766048 is a reply to message #1766043] Thu, 15 June 2017 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tx for the reply, here is the requested data:

Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

Intel® Core™ i7-3770 3.4 GHz Quad Core, Memory 20 Gb

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

<parent>
<groupId>org.eclipse.scout</groupId>
<artifactId>maven_rt_plugin_config-master</artifactId>
<version>2.0.10</version>
<relativePath></relativePath>
</parent>

<groupId>org.eclipse.scout.apps</groupId>
<artifactId>helloworld</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>

<name>My Application Parent Module</name>

<properties>
<org.eclipse.scout.apps.helloworld.version>${project.version}</org.eclipse.scout.apps.helloworld.version>
<jdk.source.version>1.8</jdk.source.version>
<org.eclipse.scout.rt.version>6.0.300.RC2</org.eclipse.scout.rt.version>
</properties>

<modules>
<module>../helloworld.shared</module>
<module>../helloworld.server</module>
<module>../helloworld.client</module>
<module>../helloworld.server.app.war</module>
<module>../helloworld.ui.html</module>
<module>../helloworld.ui.html.app.war</module>
</modules>

<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<!-- Scout Dependencies -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.scout.rt</groupId>
<artifactId>org.eclipse.scout.rt</artifactId>
<version>${org.eclipse.scout.rt.version}</version>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>import</scope>
</dependency>

<!-- Application Dependencies -->
<dependency>
<artifactId>helloworld.client</artifactId>
<version>${org.eclipse.scout.apps.helloworld.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>helloworld.shared</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>helloworld.server</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>helloworld.ui.html</artifactId>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>
</project>
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766051 is a reply to message #1766048] Thu, 15 June 2017 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, seems to look ok (and matches my installation with which i fail to reproduce your issue). could you please also share your m2e connector plugin installation?

see menu help -> about -> installation details as shown in this link
https://wiki.eclipse.org/images/d/da/M2e_connectors.png
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766066 is a reply to message #1766051] Thu, 15 June 2017 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have the exact same plugins that you show on the screenshot. Therefore I assume that you installed them separately?
(I have a fresh, new Scout installation IDE)

In the file attachments you see the screenshot of my m2e plugins.

index.php/fa/29669/0/
  • Attachment: m2e.png
    (Size: 70.15KB, Downloaded 1388 times)
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766068 is a reply to message #1766066] Thu, 15 June 2017 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from your screenshot it seems that you are missing both the buildhelper plugin from sonatype and the jdt plugin from jboss. these two are mandatory for the proper working of the Scout SDK. This is why after a fresh install of the Scout package and generating the hello world app the eclipse scout IDE is asking you to install those plugins.

Suggestion: Could you try to re-install the scout package into a new directory and create your hello world application as described in the docs?

In case the phase 'Setup Maven plugin connectors' does not work or looks very different from the docs please report these findings!

Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766070 is a reply to message #1766068] Thu, 15 June 2017 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried your suggestion. The m2e dialog showed up, I confirmed it, restarted the IDE and now 2 of the 3 plugins are installed. "com.ianbrandt.tools.m2e.mdp.core" is still missing.

This is probably the reason why the compile errors still persist.

See the screenshot.

index.php/fa/29671/0/
  • Attachment: m2e-2.png
    (Size: 15.67KB, Downloaded 1388 times)
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766072 is a reply to message #1766070] Thu, 15 June 2017 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might it be possible that you are not able to download the scout runtime jars from your windows box? could you check if the necessary jar files have actually been downloaded to your local maven repo?

look into in your .m2 directory. there your should have the following subdirectory:
.m2\repository\org\eclipse\scout\rt\org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform\6.0.300.RC2
and inside this there should be the file
org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform-6.0.300.RC2.jar
. this jar contains the class IService that you mentioned intially.
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766080 is a reply to message #1766072] Thu, 15 June 2017 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked it.

Seems to be all correct.

index.php/fa/29675/0/

index.php/fa/29676/0/
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766083 is a reply to message #1766080] Thu, 15 June 2017 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am running out of clues here ...

can you build the hello world application from the console using mvn clean install? what are the results you get with this?
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766086 is a reply to message #1766083] Thu, 15 June 2017 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the output of mvn clean install on the parent project. It reflects the problem that I have within the IDE.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] My Application Parent Module
[INFO] My Application Shared
[INFO] My Application Server
[INFO] My Application Client
[INFO] My Application Server WAR
[INFO] My Application HTML UI
[INFO] My Application HTML UI WAR
[INFO] My Application ROOT Module
[INFO]
[INFO] Building My Application Parent Module 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:3.0.0:clean (default-clean) @ helloworld ---
Downloading: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/commons-io/commons-io/2                                                                                                                                                                                      .4/commons-io-2.4.pom
Downloaded: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/commons-io/commons-io/2.                                                                                                                                                                                      4/commons-io-2.4.pom (10 KB at 84.1 KB/sec)
Downloading: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/org/apache/commons/comm                                                                                                                                                                                      ons-parent/25/commons-parent-25.pom
Downloaded: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/org/apache/commons/commo                                                                                                                                                                                      ns-parent/25/commons-parent-25.pom (48 KB at 1347.8 KB/sec)
Downloading: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/commons-io/commons-io/2                                                                                                                                                                                      .4/commons-io-2.4.jar
Downloaded: http://artifactory1:8081/artifactory/xentis/commons-io/commons-io/2.                                                                                                                                                                                      4/commons-io-2.4.jar (181 KB at 4109.1 KB/sec)
[INFO]
[INFO] --- flatten-maven-plugin:1.0.0:clean (flatten.clean) @ helloworld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce-rules) @ helloworld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- git-commit-id-plugin:2.2.0:revision (default) @ helloworld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.5.201505241946:prepare-agent (default) @ hell                                                                                                                                                                                      oworld ---
[INFO] master_test_jacocoArgLine set to -javaagent:F:\\Java\\.m2\\repository\\or                                                                                                                                                                                      g\\jacoco\\org.jacoco.agent\\0.7.5.201505241946\\org.jacoco.agent-0.7.5.20150524                                                                                                                                                                                      1946-runtime.jar=destfile=D:\\JavaDev\\scout-ws-new\\helloworld\\helloworld\\..\                                                                                                                                                                                      \target\\jacoco-all.exec
[INFO]
[INFO] --- flatten-maven-plugin:1.0.0:flatten (flatten) @ helloworld ---
[INFO] Generating flattened POM of project org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloworld:pom                                                                                                                                                                                      :1.0.0-SNAPSHOT...
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.4:attach-descriptor (attach-descriptor) @ hellowo                                                                                                                                                                                      rld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-jar-plugin:2.6:test-jar (attach-tests) @ helloworld ---
[INFO] Skipping packaging of the test-jar
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-source-plugin:2.4:jar-no-fork (attach-sources) @ helloworld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-source-plugin:2.4:test-jar-no-fork (attach-test-sources) @ hell                                                                                                                                                                                      oworld ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- duplicate-finder-maven-plugin:1.2.1:check (default) @ helloworld ---
[INFO] Checking compile classpath
[INFO] Checking runtime classpath
[INFO] Checking test classpath
[INFO]
[INFO] --- animal-sniffer-maven-plugin:1.15:check (enforce-java-api-compatibilit                                                                                                                                                                                      y) @ helloworld ---
[INFO] Checking unresolved references to org.codehaus.mojo.signature:java17:1.0
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install (default-install) @ helloworld ---
[INFO] Installing D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld\.flattened-pom.x                                                                                                                                                                                      ml to F:\Java\.m2\repository\org\eclipse\scout\apps\helloworld\1.0.0-SNAPSHOT\he                                                                                                                                                                                      lloworld-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building My Application Shared 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:3.0.0:clean (default-clean) @ helloworld.shared --                                                                                                                                                                                      -
[INFO] Deleting D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\target
[INFO]
[INFO] --- flatten-maven-plugin:1.0.0:clean (flatten.clean) @ helloworld.shared                                                                                                                                                                                       ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce-rules) @ helloworld.shar                                                                                                                                                                                      ed ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- git-commit-id-plugin:2.2.0:revision (default) @ helloworld.shared ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.5.201505241946:prepare-agent (default) @ hell                                                                                                                                                                                      oworld.shared ---
[INFO] master_test_jacocoArgLine set to -javaagent:F:\\Java\\.m2\\repository\\or                                                                                                                                                                                      g\\jacoco\\org.jacoco.agent\\0.7.5.201505241946\\org.jacoco.agent-0.7.5.20150524                                                                                                                                                                                      1946-runtime.jar=destfile=D:\\JavaDev\\scout-ws-new\\helloworld\\helloworld.shar                                                                                                                                                                                      ed\\..\\target\\jacoco-all.exec
[INFO]
[INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.9.1:add-source (add-source) @ helloworld.                                                                                                                                                                                      shared ---
[INFO] Source directory: D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\sr                                                                                                                                                                                      c\generated\java added.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources (default-resources) @ helloworld                                                                                                                                                                                      .shared ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 4 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- flatten-maven-plugin:1.0.0:flatten (flatten) @ helloworld.shared ---
[INFO] Generating flattened POM of project org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloworld.sha                                                                                                                                                                                      red:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT...
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.3:compile (default-compile) @ helloworld.shar                                                                                                                                                                                      ed ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 5 source files to D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld                                                                                                                                                                                      .shared\target\classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\IHelloWorldService.java:[3]
        import org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService;
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The import org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService cannot be resolved
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\IHelloWorldService.java:[14]
        public interface IHelloWorldService extends IService {
                                                    ^^^^^^^^
IService cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\text\DefaultTextProviderService.java:[12]
        public class DefaultTextProviderService extends AbstractDynamicNlsTextPr                                                                                                                                                                                      oviderService {
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The hierarchy of the type DefaultTextProviderService is inconsistent
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\text\DefaultTextProviderService.java:[12]
        public class DefaultTextProviderService extends AbstractDynamicNlsTextPr                                                                                                                                                                                      oviderService {
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The type org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService cannot be resolved. It i                                                                                                                                                                                      s indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\text\DefaultTextProviderService.java:[14]
        protected String getDynamicNlsBaseName() {
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method getDynamicNlsBaseName() of type DefaultTextProviderService must overr                                                                                                                                                                                      ide or implement a supertype method
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\generated\java\                                                                                                                                                                                      org\eclipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\HelloWorldFormData.java:[26]                                                                                                                                                                                      
        public static class Message extends AbstractValueFieldData<String> {
                            ^^^^^^^
The hierarchy of the type Message is inconsistent
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\generated\java\                                                                                                                                                                                      org\eclipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\HelloWorldFormData.java:[26]                                                                                                                                                                                      
        public static class Message extends AbstractValueFieldData<String> {
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The type org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.holders.IHolder cannot be resolved. It is                                                                                                                                                                                       indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[20]
        public class AccessControlService extends AbstractAccessControlService<S                                                                                                                                                                                      tring> {
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The hierarchy of the type AccessControlService is inconsistent
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[23]
        protected String getCurrentUserCacheKey() {
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method getCurrentUserCacheKey() of type AccessControlService must override o                                                                                                                                                                                      r implement a supertype method
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[24]
        return getUserIdOfCurrentUser();
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method getUserIdOfCurrentUser() is undefined for the type AccessControlServi                                                                                                                                                                                      ce
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[28]
        protected PermissionCollection execLoadPermissions(String userId) {
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method execLoadPermissions(String) of type AccessControlService must overrid                                                                                                                                                                                      e or implement a supertype method
11 problems (11 errors)
[INFO] 11 errors
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] My Application Parent Module ....................... SUCCESS [ 12.528 s]
[INFO] My Application Shared .............................. FAILURE [  3.041 s]
[INFO] My Application Server .............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] My Application Client .............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] My Application Server WAR .......................... SKIPPED
[INFO] My Application HTML UI ............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] My Application HTML UI WAR ......................... SKIPPED
[INFO] My Application ROOT Module ......................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 15.987 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-06-15T15:59:38+02:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 27M/75M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.                                                                                                                                                                                      3:compile (default-compile) on project helloworld.shared: Compilation failure: C                                                                                                                                                                                      ompilation failure:
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\IHelloWorldService.java:[3]
[ERROR] import org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService;
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The import org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService cannot be reso                                                                                                                                                                                      lved
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\helloworld\IHelloWorldService.java:[14]
[ERROR] public interface IHelloWorldService extends IService {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] IService cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR] public class DefaultTextProviderService extends AbstractDynamicNlsTextPr                                                                                                                                                                                      oviderService {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The hierarchy of the type DefaultTextProviderService is inconsistent
[ERROR] public class DefaultTextProviderService extends AbstractDynamicNlsTextPr                                                                                                                                                                                      oviderService {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The type org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.service.IService cannot be resolv                                                                                                                                                                                      ed. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\text\DefaultTextProviderService.java:[14]
[ERROR] protected String getDynamicNlsBaseName() {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method getDynamicNlsBaseName() of type DefaultTextProviderService mu                                                                                                                                                                                      st override or implement a supertype method
[ERROR] public static class Message extends AbstractValueFieldData<String> {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The hierarchy of the type Message is inconsistent
[ERROR] public static class Message extends AbstractValueFieldData<String> {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The type org.eclipse.scout.rt.platform.holders.IHolder cannot be resolve                                                                                                                                                                                      d. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[20]
[ERROR] public class AccessControlService extends AbstractAccessControlService<S                                                                                                                                                                                      tring> {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The hierarchy of the type AccessControlService is inconsistent
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[23]
[ERROR] protected String getCurrentUserCacheKey() {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method getCurrentUserCacheKey() of type AccessControlService must ov                                                                                                                                                                                      erride or implement a supertype method
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[24]
[ERROR] return getUserIdOfCurrentUser();
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method getUserIdOfCurrentUser() is undefined for the type AccessCont                                                                                                                                                                                      rolService
[ERROR] D:\JavaDev\scout-ws-new\helloworld\helloworld.shared\src\main\java\org\e                                                                                                                                                                                      clipse\scout\apps\helloworld\shared\security\AccessControlService.java:[28]
[ERROR] protected PermissionCollection execLoadPermissions(String userId) {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method execLoadPermissions(String) of type AccessControlService must                                                                                                                                                                                       override or implement a supertype method
[ERROR] 11 problems (11 errors)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit                                                                                                                                                                                      ch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea                                                                                                                                                                                      d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureExc                                                                                                                                                                                      eption
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :helloworld.shared

Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766088 is a reply to message #1766086] Thu, 15 June 2017 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from your output, this seems to be morer related to your maven installation than with the Eclipse IDE or the scout framework.

you might want to try stackoverflow (eg this post). you could also move your project to github. i could then see if i can reproduce your issues on my machine using the exact same code base.
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766131 is a reply to message #1766088] Fri, 16 June 2017 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried to generate the project on a linux machine and it works perfectly. I really don't know what is wrong with my maven installation on windows. I downloaded the newest one, checked and replaced the environment variables accordingly and still the same errors occur.

The -X flag didn't really print out more useful information
and the dependency tree:

mvn dependency:tree

states the correct information.

Update:

Tried the setup on a different windows machine and there it works absolutely smooth too.

My maven is in some sort of a corrupt state, which I cannot get rid off.
I'll share this discussion on Stackoverflow to see if s.o. has an idea.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 June 2017 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766138 is a reply to message #1766131] Fri, 16 June 2017 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tx for reporting your status. please also share your findings in this forum once you arrive at some more satisfying conclusions. good luck!
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766214 is a reply to message #1766042] Sat, 17 June 2017 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
I've seen this issue before but I can't recall what the cause was.

My usual suspects for weird compile errors:

• Running Eclipse with a JRE, instead of a JDK
  • Mixing 32bit Eclipse with 64bit Java, or vice versa
  • Broken .m2 repository
  • Broken workspace

By deleting the .m2 directory, you already ruled the "broken m2 repo" option out.

Could you post the configuration information of your Eclipse installation from the "About Eclipse" menu?
Go to the menu bar and choose "Help -> About Eclipse" and click "Installation Details". Post the content from the "Configuration" tab.
(You can anonymize some stuff -such as your username - at your discretion)
Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1766857 is a reply to message #1766214] Wed, 28 June 2017 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the hints, indeed I didn't check the jre/jdk option. After looking up I found that I was running on the jre. Unfortunately after adapting eclipse to use the jdk, cleaning, refreshing and restarting it, the compile errors still preserved.

Afterwards I created a new workspace, adjusted again the jdk under: "Window>Preferences>Java>Installed JREs" and generated the helloworld project. Again, the compile errors remained and by running "mvn clean install" on command line I got a compilation failure.

My IDE and Java are 64bit versions.

Maybe there is still a configuration that I have to do within the eclipse preferences?

In the attachments you can see the installation details, maybe you recognize a potential issue out of it.

Re: Scout doesn't compile (IService not found) [message #1768073 is a reply to message #1766857] Thu, 13 July 2017 12:41 Go to previous message
Issue solved. I deleted again the .m2 folder and redownloaded every dependency.

Compiles perfectly now.
Previous Topic:Migration problems from Neon to Oxygen
Next Topic:ScoutBoot-Task: How do I start from Eclipse IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:48:33 GMT 2024