Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause'
Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1765981] Wed, 14 June 2017 16:54 Go to next message
Tiago Martins is currently offline Tiago MartinsFriend
Hi there,

I am having a problem generating Ecore and genmodel file from UML file created from Papyrus.

I don't know what is the reason, the UML file seemed to be properly, and the model is from the PHP PDT Parser Standalone library.

Here are some screenshots of the errors I found:
index.php/fa/29656/0/
index.php/fa/29657/0/

Can please some guide me or give me some hints?
I searched in the .uml file for the string Assignment_Assignment and it doesnt show anything.

I am uploading as attachment my .uml file also generated from Papyrus.

Thank you very much for any incoming help!
  • Attachment: erro.png
    (Size: 169.89KB, Downloaded 655 times)
  • Attachment: erro2.png
    (Size: 181.65KB, Downloaded 602 times)
  • Attachment: phpmetamodel.uml
    (Size: 2.19MB, Downloaded 258 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 June 2017 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1765984 is a reply to message #1765981] Wed, 14 June 2017 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I can only comment on what might be wrong with your *.ecore model, but I think the error messages are pretty clear. If it's a question of how UML is converted to Ecore, that's a question best asked on the UML2 forum. Your model is very large, and I don't have time to inspect it for issues.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1765988 is a reply to message #1765984] Wed, 14 June 2017 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Using names with spaces in is a recipe for disaster.

<interfaceRealization xmi:type="uml:InterfaceRealization" xmi:id="_Vkp5EFEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" name="Assignment implements IOperationNode" client="_Vknc0FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" supplier="_Vkoq8FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" contract="_Vkoq8FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w"/>

Have you tried validating your model in the UML model editor?

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766019 is a reply to message #1765988] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you both!

I did open the UML file in the UML Model editor and at least it does show classes, but for instance CatchClause class as "2 Opaque Behavior" as I marked in the image, I think this is the 2 constructors of the CatchClause class, would be this the problem?

I am lost, thank you all!
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766020 is a reply to message #1765988] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you both!

I did open the UML file in the UML Model editor and at least it does show classes, but for instance CatchClause class as "2 Opaque Behavior" as I marked in the image, I think this is the 2 constructors of the CatchClause class, would be this the problem?

I am lost, thank you all!
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766022 is a reply to message #1765984] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks wrote on Wed, 14 June 2017 17:05
I can only comment on what might be wrong with your *.ecore model, but I think the error messages are pretty clear. If it's a question of how UML is converted to Ecore, that's a question best asked on the UML2 forum. Your model is very large, and I don't have time to inspect it for issues.

I assume that the error is on genmodel file not on the UML, am I right?

Thank you!
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766023 is a reply to message #1765988] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink wrote on Wed, 14 June 2017 17:22
Hi

Using names with spaces in is a recipe for disaster.

<interfaceRealization xmi:type="uml:InterfaceRealization" xmi:id="_Vkp5EFEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" name="Assignment implements IOperationNode" client="_Vknc0FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" supplier="_Vkoq8FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w" contract="_Vkoq8FEPEeeeXvmWh9-N_w"/>

Have you tried validating your model in the UML model editor?

Regards

Ed Willink

I found the option to "Validate" righ clicking the root node in the UML Model Editor.

And it showed a lot, a lot of Warnings.

Image:
index.php/fa/29665/0/

So it seems there is a problem generating my UML file is that right?

I did it automatically from an existing library in (pdt-php-parser-standalone), how do I fix it?

Thank you a lot!
Thank you.
  • Attachment: erro4.png
    (Size: 38.12KB, Downloaded 570 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 June 2017 20:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766025 is a reply to message #1766023] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You need to ask the pdt-php-parser-standalone. A skim of your UML model suggests that it is rubbish. Presumably either your tool or your use of the tool is very much at fault.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Error: There may not be two classifiers named 'CatchClause_CatchClause' [message #1766027 is a reply to message #1766025] Wed, 14 June 2017 22:13 Go to previous message
Thank you for your message Ed,
I think I don't have any way to contact this contributor, since there isn't that option in github...
I am blocked, I think I need to think twice on the next steps...
Previous Topic:Finding references in EMF generated Editor
Next Topic:Default value literal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:56:13 GMT 2024