Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage
How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1765687] Tue, 13 June 2017 11:55 Go to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hi there,

in the Beginners Guide there is a screenshot which shows a dashboard. I attached the screenshot.

index.php/fa/29626/0/

Can someone tell me, how something like this can be achieved?

Thanks

Peter
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766298 is a reply to message #1765687] Tue, 20 June 2017 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I believe this is from the closed-source part of Scout, but someone from BSI will probably be better informed :-)
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766301 is a reply to message #1766298] Tue, 20 June 2017 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Urs Beeli wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 05:58
I believe this is from the closed-source part of Scout, but someone from BSI will probably be better informed :-)

With closed source you mean, that BSI has got more sophisticated UI controls in place, and such a dashboard is not doable with the publicly available UI controls/features?

Peter
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766304 is a reply to message #1766301] Tue, 20 June 2017 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
Quote:
With closed source you mean, that BSI has got more sophisticated UI controls in place, and such a dashboard is not doable with the publicly available UI controls/features?

this is partially true:
- yes in the sense of: the screenshot above is from our commercial product
- no in the sense of: these are just custom controls and scout is designed in a way that anybody can built her/his own custom controls with their javascript library of choice
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766313 is a reply to message #1766304] Tue, 20 June 2017 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Matthias Zimmermann wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 07:24
Quote:

this is partially true:
- yes in the sense of: the screenshot above is from our commercial product
- no in the sense of: these are just custom controls and scout is designed in a way that anybody can built her/his own custom controls with their javascript library of choice

thanks for the quick answer :)

So more or less, I can use every control Scout provides.... its just a matter of the layout manager how to display them?

Peter
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766314 is a reply to message #1766313] Tue, 20 June 2017 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not quite: the squares in the dashboard can be moved around using the mouse, a feature that is specific to the dashboard control.

to learn more about writing custom controls for scout check out the code of the heatmap field in the (open source) scout widget application. some more information is available in this post.
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766320 is a reply to message #1766314] Tue, 20 June 2017 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Matthias Zimmermann wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 08:08
not quite: the squares in the dashboard can be moved around using the mouse, a feature that is specific to the dashboard control.

Well in a first version, it would be more than enough, when the dashboard items are fixed....

Therefore i could use any of the default controls? Am I right?

Peter
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766332 is a reply to message #1766320] Tue, 20 June 2017 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Quote:
Well in a first version, it would be more than enough, when the dashboard items are fixed.... Therefore i could use any of the default controls? Am I right?

If you can create your dashboard with default controls, then yes, that should be feasible. However, looking at the image in your initial post there are quite a few controls (squares) that are not "standard form fields". You can probably imitate some of them using AbstractHtmlField and AbstractSvgField controls.

I think in the example you showed, there is probably a CustomField for each square as well as for the overall dashboard containing the squares.
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766334 is a reply to message #1766332] Tue, 20 June 2017 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,
[quote title=Urs Beeli wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 10:48]Quote:
I think in the example you showed, there is probably a CustomField for each square as well as for the overall dashboard containing the squares.

that might be the case for sure. My problem is, that I haven't got any JavaScript knowledge... So therefore its quite cumbersome for me :)

Peter
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766336 is a reply to message #1766334] Tue, 20 June 2017 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, there are several options: you know somebody that knows javascript, you learn javascript, or you pay somebody to solve your javascript needs ;-)
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766338 is a reply to message #1766336] Tue, 20 June 2017 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Matthias Zimmermann wrote on Tue, 20 June 2017 11:12
well, there are several options: you know somebody that knows javascript, you learn javascript, or you pay somebody to solve your javascript needs ;-)

I'll prefer the first 2 options :)) Learning takes time... But I'm not in a hurry :)
Re: How to create a Dashboard in a TablePage [message #1766339 is a reply to message #1766338] Tue, 20 June 2017 11:33 Go to previous message
if you can afford it, learning is always the best option :-)
Previous Topic:Eclipse Scout Oxygen Releases
Next Topic:Neon: jaxws-maven-plugin error in an Mars.2 IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:03:35 GMT 2024