Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Generate Files outside of the xtext project, relative to the projects location
Generate Files outside of the xtext project, relative to the projects location [message #1765662] Tue, 13 June 2017 08:25 Go to next message
Lukas Schaus is currently offline Lukas SchausFriend
Hello,

I develop a DSL using XText 2.11. And I want that my generator saves the generated files in a path relative to my project location, but outside of the project folder.

I found that I can override the OutputConfigurationProvider in order to set a default output folder. I managed to specify an arbitrary folder name within the project folder or a subfolder of it. But I failed to set the folder outside of the project.

My next try was to set the relative path inside the generator but the FileSystemAccess2's generate operation permitts the desired functionality aswell.

The last approach was to use standard java file operations but that lead to the creation of a folder in the windows start menu.

I would be very glad if you could suggest me a possible approach for the intended behavior.

Thank you

Lukas
Re: Generate Files outside of the xtext project, relative to the projects location [message #1850522 is a reply to message #1765662] Mon, 07 March 2022 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mandy Neumann is currently offline Mandy NeumannFriend
[Pushing this post up because I'm currently concerned with the same question]
Re: Generate Files outside of the xtext project, relative to the projects location [message #1850528 is a reply to message #1850522] Mon, 07 March 2022 15:30 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i dont know of on ootb solution, but you may check the code of
EclipseResourceFileSystemAccess2 / BuilderParticipant / EclipseOutputConfigurationProvider and debug it and or customize it to your needs

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:XMI model to Defined Xtext Model
Next Topic:Data annotation overrides toString from parent class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:12:08 GMT 2024