Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Eclipse Smart Home and org.slf4j(build path problems)
Eclipse Smart Home and org.slf4j [message #1765625] Mon, 12 June 2017 20:58 Go to next message
Johannes Mayrhofer is currently offline Johannes MayrhoferFriend
I've tried to set up the smart home environment by following the steps described in the documentation:
Smart Home

Now, nearly 6 hours later I'm still stuck with the same two problems.
They appear in following project:
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.tests

Error 1:
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.slf4j.Logger. Fix the build path then try building this project
Error 2:
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.slf4j.Logger. Fix the build path then try building this project

I've tied to clean and build several times, I've also reinstalled the whole environment. It starts getting really frustrating.

I have absolutely no clue how to fix this build path problem, because I don't really know what to include
I've found the SLF4J binaries, but there is not such thing as a simple jar archive to include.
Due I'm a bloody beginner on this I hope you could help me out.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Eclipse Smart Home and org.slf4j [message #1765679 is a reply to message #1765625] Tue, 13 June 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Johannes,

Sorry that you had to struggle that way - but I can tell you that that wasn't at all your fault, but indeed there was an issue in the project dependencies, so thanks for reporting this!

I have created https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/3646 to fix this. As soon as it is merged, you should be able to pull the update from git and the problem should be solved.

But in any case, a compilation error on a test project should not hinder you from using the IDE - I would assume that the launch config works just fine as the rest is fully set up correctly.

Best regards,
Kai
Re: Eclipse Smart Home and org.slf4j [message #1765680 is a reply to message #1765679] Tue, 13 June 2017 09:45 Go to previous message
Simon Kaufmann is currently offline Simon KaufmannFriend
PS: The mentioned PR got just merged, so your workspace should be all nice and error-free again once you fetch the latest master branch.
Previous Topic:NPE trying to set up ESH development envirionment
Next Topic:The io.transport.mqtt implementation is too restrictive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:35:34 GMT 2024