Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to duplicate the same instance element(Duplicate same instance element in different diagrams under the same model)
How to duplicate the same instance element [message #1765624] Mon, 12 June 2017 20:34 Go to next message
Lina 20 is currently offline Lina 20Friend
Hi,

I'm creating an editor. The model in the editor has some diagrams. I need to be able to have the same element instance in some diagrams. I do not add the instance element in the odesign because I need the final user to be able to duplicate the exactly same instance where the user wants to. Copy/paste does not work because it creates a copy of the instance and I need the same instance to be drawed in different diagrams.

How can I do that? Should I add a option menu in an element? or change the odesig? Or programatically?

Thank you so much for your help!

Lina
Re: How to duplicate the same instance element [message #1766468 is a reply to message #1765624] Wed, 21 June 2017 16:52 Go to previous message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi Lina,

Graphical elements are inevitably link to a semantic element.
If you want have the same semantic element display graphically in different diagram you can use the Reused in the Import tab.
I joined you an example as I explain.
Other solution is to defined in specification file (.odesign) a mapping (node or container or edge) on the same semantic element.

Regards

Previous Topic:Copy / Paste nodes in diagram
Next Topic:Validation event listener?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:50:08 GMT 2024