Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0(Titan syntax or semantic check error)
Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1765525] Mon, 12 June 2017 03:28 Go to next message
JC YangFriend
Hello

I am new in the Titan and TTCN3.
I tried to import 3GPP TTCN suite in to Titan.
I got many reference check errors.
From the project view, the original file should exist, but the Titan editing cannot resolve the reference.

For example, there is one error as below:
"There is no local or imported definition with name `UT_PTC_MTC_PORT'", but the UT_PTC_MTC_PORT' really has the definition in the other file.

How do I solve the problems?

thanks

James

Re: Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1765556 is a reply to message #1765525] Mon, 12 June 2017 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi,

Has your module got an import statement like this (if you want to use c_i1 defined in module integerTest)?

the source:
module importTest {
import from integerTest all;
control{
var integer vlc_ii := c_i1;
}
}

Best regards
Jeno Balasko
Titan Team, Ericsson
Re: Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1765563 is a reply to message #1765556] Mon, 12 June 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi James,

please be aware that the test ports, codecs and external functions are not standardized and are tool dependent.
What's more , they are not contained in 3GPP code one can download, exactly to keep that vendor agnostic.

So when trying to process 3GPP ore ETSI suites with Titan, one will have to add port, codec and external function implementations.
Maybe port declarations are imported, but that is not sufficient; you will need actual code that implements the port functionality.
This has been discussed several times on this forum, please feel free to peruse older posts.

Best regards
Elemer

Re: Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1765671 is a reply to message #1765525] Tue, 13 June 2017 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JC YangFriend
Hi Elemer, Jeno

Thanks for reply.

From the old posts, I can figure out how to solve the dependent reference.
Since I just use the menu bar -S to check the syntax and semantics, and don't use make project.

I use to make project and can resolve the reference definition in the different TTCN3 files.

There are some errors in the problem view. And some of them can be found on the old posts.

I will try to fix them first, and if any other problem exists, I will update post.

Thanks.

James

Re: Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1766622 is a reply to message #1765671] Fri, 23 June 2017 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JC YangFriend
Hi

I met two qestions in the 6.2.0 release.

The first:
I compiled the attached prj under 6.2.0, and got some errors as the older posts shown
the "No decoding external functions found" as below shown:
===
Cannot determine the decoding rules for type `@EPS_NAS_MsgContainers.NAS_UL_Message_Type'. No decoding external functions found EPS_NAS_MsgContainers.ttcn /NB_IoT/src/Common/EPS_NAS line 20 Compiler's error markers
===
I check the declaration type in the file, EPS_NAS_MsgContainers.ttcn.
NAS_UL_Message_Type is the union type.
How do I know which function type to be the external function?
Would you help give an example how to do?

The second question is the error in the NBIOT_MAC_Common.ttcn,
Reference to a value was expected instead of template parameter `p_RlcSduList'
Reference to a value was expected instead of template variable `v_RlcAmPdu'
How do I solve this error?

Thanks
James

• Attachment: NB_IoT.zip
    (Size: 579.41KB, Downloaded 99 times)
Re: Resolve the reference definition in the cygwin of Titan 6.1.0 [message #1766627 is a reply to message #1766622] Fri, 23 June 2017 15:33 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi James,

I'm not sure why this question is related to 6.2.0;
this code did not compile with any previous Titan version.

The answer to your second question is simple:

in NBIOT_MAC_Common.ttcn
change

v_RlcAmPdu := v_RlcAmPdu & p_RlcSduList[i];
to:
v_RlcAmPdu := valueof(v_RlcAmPdu) & valueof(p_RlcSduList[i]);

However, your first question is a lot more difficult to solve;

you are missing all codecs that are needed in your project. Codecs are not considered to be part of the test suite, they are implementation dependent so you will have to add them yourself.

Please read this post:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1086125/
(and the referred posts)
which explains how these codecs could be added.

Essentially you will have to produce PER codecs for your types; if you are in luck , this can be done with asn1c, an open source ASN.1 compiler which can produce PER codecs for a number of types (not all of them);
if asn1c will not deal with your project, you will have to purchase a commercial codec.

Best regards
Elemer

Previous Topic:Matching Floating-Point Numbers
Next Topic:About compiling 3GPP and ETSI test suites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:56:59 GMT 2024