Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Executing an operation of a class
Executing an operation of a class [message #1765468] Fri, 09 June 2017 22:13 Go to next message
Mahin Abbasipour is currently offline Mahin AbbasipourFriend
Hello,

I know that I can transform operations in ATL. I am wondering how I can execute an operation.

To illustrate, assume I have a class which has three attributes of "a", "b" and "c" as well as an operation which does "a=b+c".

In the ATL transformation, I have two input models (first model is the above mentioned model). Assume during the transformation I want to execute the above mentioned operation on some attributes of the second model. How Can I achieve that?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Mahin
Re: Executing an operation of a class [message #1765484 is a reply to message #1765468] Sat, 10 June 2017 19:04 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Provided that the operation is defined as an EOperation in your metamodel, and you generated the code for your metamodel, and you implemented the EOperation within the generated Java code, and you access your metamodel by its registered namespace URI (I.e. generated metamodel code is installed as Eclipse plug-in):

You can invoke the operation as if it were a helper method in ATL:
object.addBAndC()

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:xsi:schemaLocation in output XMI
Next Topic:ATL vs. ETL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:34:44 GMT 2024