Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Stacking ports
Stacking ports [message #1765323] Thu, 08 June 2017 12:32 Go to next message
Naum Spaseski is currently offline Naum SpaseskiFriend

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck with a problem where I have multiple protocols to test, on same or different levels that can be chosen.

For example, let me take the ITS stack: There is GN, BTP and CAM messages, each on different level. If we have 3 ports, and we want to send a CAM message, is it possible to stack the 3 ports so it creates the correct output? Or it is necesarry to write different ports?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Naum
Re: Stacking ports [message #1765330 is a reply to message #1765323] Thu, 08 June 2017 13:27 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Naum,

it should be sufficient to have one test port for the lowest level. To refer to your example , let's assume you have a GN test port that can deal with GN messages.

Then you can write a translation port for BTP to translate between BTP and GN, and another translation port to translate between CAM and GN.
The functions in the translation port will have to assemble/disassemble the packets ( as in add CAM PDU to BTP, encode the whole BTP , add BTP PDYU encoded to a GN message etc.)

So the GN layer will map to the GN test port directly, while BTP and CAM with a different translation port each.

I have written about translation ports (and their predecessor , dual-faced ports) recently.

I hope that I managed to interpret your question correctly and that the answer makes sense.

Please let me know if this help

BR

Elemer

Previous Topic:Cannot Compile LTE Testsuite with Titan 6.1.0
Next Topic:Using Titan as a fuzzing engine part 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:07:32 GMT 2024