Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Some stranges errors logs
Some stranges errors logs [message #1765068] Tue, 06 June 2017 11:19 Go to next message
Sélim Unknown is currently offline Sélim UnknownFriend
Hi everyone, it's my first topic on this forum.
I'm a student in computing, and next year I'll probably learn Java, I want to learn it in advance and I heard about Eclipse being a great IDE for java development.

After some difficulties I managed to install Eclipse, at first I was a bit disturbed because when I created a project it's not like in other IDE where it automaticly create the main class and standart code.

But anyway the problem is not here, first of all, you must know that I tried to run the basic "hello world" program and it works, the console works fine.

But it still disturbe me that in the error logs I have a lot of strange error "framework error"

I can't post the picture because I have to get at least 1 message apparently to post links on eclipse....

But on the first picture you can see the list of FrameworkError
and in the other one I opened one of these errors and it says

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.oomph.ui [288]
Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.8.0.v20170327-1117"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.oomph.ui"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1620)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1599)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1571)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1514)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

I don't know if you understood, my english isn't my primary language.

I tried to do a little research but I only find some strange log error from an OSGI thing...

IF I need to re-explain something just tell me
Thanks in advance
Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765145 is a reply to message #1765068] Wed, 07 June 2017 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
There was a problem in Neon.3 that caused a bunch of bundles not to resolve, including Oomph, Marketplace Client, and a bunch of other things. So it looks like you have this problem. How did you create this installation? That problem should now be fixed in the latest update to Neon.3. You could try using Help -> Check for Updates or Help -> Perform Setup Tasks... (but the latter is no doubt missing from the IDE because of this problem).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765485 is a reply to message #1765145] Sat, 10 June 2017 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just downloaded the eclipse installer on the official website, and I first intalled "Eclipse IDE for java developpers" and then I installed "Eclipse IDE for javascripts and web developper" and maybe a third one, everytime it told me that "eclipse folder already exist" but I just keep installing and it seems to work because, I had first the java IDE and then I could switch to javascript IDE. But Maybe I did it in a wrong way ?
Is there away to install all the bundle maybe ?

By the way I tried to check for update, it found one and installed it, however I still have all the framework error

I think I can post a picture since I have at least 1 message on the forum. Here it is :
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=699440eclipse.png

If it can helps you
Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765506 is a reply to message #1765485] Sun, 11 June 2017 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In any installation you have, you can use Help -> Install New Software... and from the release train repository, such as neon, you can install any other features available. Each package/product is mostly just a combination of the features available in the release train repository, so yes you can choose to install many more things into the installation; you probably won't want to install all of them because it's kind of a mess of things you're unlikely to all use in combination.

As for the launch logged problems, it sounds like you're launching with all plugins from your installation selected. You can use Run -> Run Configurations... and inspect the launch configuration associated with your launch. I'm not even sure what kind of launch you're doing, but it sounds like perhaps it's an Eclipse Application when it only needs to be a Java Application.

Ed Merks
Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765548 is a reply to message #1765506] Mon, 12 June 2017 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the picture :
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=945567javava.png

Does it mean that all of the items in the list are launched ?

Should I just unistall eclipse and reinstall it maybe ?
And do what you've said above (Help --> Install New Software). I've tried it and apparently I have to find a paths with the package, so I guess I have to download manually the package from eclipse and then choose the path to this package right ?

By the way thanks for taking time to help me
And thanks in advance for help.

Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765586 is a reply to message #1765548] Mon, 12 June 2017 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a Classpath tab. Likely it's just the dependencies of the project that are on the classpath, but I'm not sure what you've set those too. I don't see why it should include Oomph or a bunch of other things that your program doesn't actually use. But it seems to me you've done something a little odd with this project's classpath (like adding too many things too it).

Ed Merks
Re: Some stranges errors logs [message #1765696 is a reply to message #1765586] Tue, 13 June 2017 13:33 Go to previous message
So, I unistalled eclipse, I just reinstalled "Eclipse for java IDE" and I don't have any error log, and here is the picture of the runtime configuration :
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=526693jha.png

I guess now everything is fine right ?
Previous Topic:Possible to auto-refresh resources in class packages on build & run?
Next Topic:Is there any way to recover a lost directory?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:07:04 GMT 2024