Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » There are some differences between my ide and document.(I find document is different form my IDE.)
There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1764767] Fri, 02 June 2017 07:42 Go to next message
tong ming is currently offline tong mingFriend
Hi, everyone!
I have been learning 4diac for two weeks. My English is poor, so... be patient please.
IDE works on windows7 and FORTE works on RPI.
1.In System View, Function Blocks (FBs) in Devices folder and Resources are different form document. For example, in my ide, there are EMB_RES, PANEL_RESOURCE and VIEW_PANEL in Resources folder. However,there are RMT_DEV and RMT_FRAME in Resources folder in document.
2.In Deployment View, there are two buttons. One is "Launch Local FORTE",another is "Launch FBRT". But in document, they are "Launch FORTE" and "Launch FBRT". So it can type host(192.168.1.xxx), then launch forte on my RPI. But my ide can't.
3.How does 4diac work? First, configure application on IDE then download (profile) to device where runs FORTE. It's right?
I upload two pictures about my ide. what's wrong with my ide? How can I solve these problems.
  • Attachment: deployment.jpeg
    (Size: 85.47KB, Downloaded 172 times)
  • Attachment: system.jpeg
    (Size: 185.73KB, Downloaded 164 times)
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1764890 is a reply to message #1764767] Sat, 03 June 2017 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.... a little stupid
problem 1 myabe no a problem.
problem 2, the value of MGR_ID is host:port(remote device) in System configuration. So runtime launcher just need a "local" button.
problem 3, it's right.
But now I want to konw what download to device and where I can find it?
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1764921 is a reply to message #1764890] Sat, 03 June 2017 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

As you may have found out it is not your 4diac-ide that is wrong but it is the documentation that is outdated and would need new screenshots. the runtime launcher never was able to start a remote device. In order to avoid confusion we cleaned it up. For downloading FORTE needs to be running in the devices, see for example the raspberrypi tutorial on how to do this. Then you need to set the ip addresses as mgr_id of your devices in your system configuration. When you switch to the deployment perspective you have the download selection view (normally top left) there you can select the devices you like to deploy by pressing the download bottom in the bottom left of this view the download process is invoked. You may want to have a look on the x+3 tutorial. there these steps are explained. Although the screenshots are a bit outdated the overall process is the same.
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1765380 is a reply to message #1764921] Fri, 09 June 2017 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you.
I want to know after I press download button, what does remote device receive? (a configure file?) I think ide just send "message" to FORTE. Because after I reboot my RPI, it do nothing.
The I can't find the x+3 tutorial. How can I get it?
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1765403 is a reply to message #1765380] Fri, 09 June 2017 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You are right the download button does only dynamically deploy your application in the device. A restart of FORTE will remove it from memory.

We have a so called bootfile mechanism which FORTE will load on startup. In order to have this you need to have a file called forte.fboot in the directory from where you start your FORTE. A bootfile itself contains all configuration commands for setting up an application in a device. You can generate a bootfile by right clicking on a device and invoke the generate bootfile command or by selecting file>export and choose the bootfile option under the 4diac folder. Currently you have to transfer the bootfile manually to your device. We haven't found a way of doing this on all of our support platforms from the ide yet. However the file transfer service of OPC UA could be a potential solution for this issue.
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1767114 is a reply to message #1765380] Sat, 01 July 2017 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry wan is currently offline Barry wanFriend
Hello ,tong mingFriend,
I came across the same situation as you do, and I follow the tutorials to Create a Flip-Flop System, but failed. I don't know whether the device is the reason or others. becasue there is no RMT_DEV ,I used FORTE_PC instead.
Do you have the similar problems!if You have solved ,Please give me a hand !
Re: There are some differences between my ide and document. [message #1767222 is a reply to message #1767114] Mon, 03 July 2017 17:05 Go to previous message

Hi,

Jose Cabral was so kind and sepnt a lot of work on improving the documentation. The updates can be found in this bugzilla entry [1]. We'll put it online in the next days. As the docs are just html files you can download the zip and already have a sneak preview. I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=518771
Previous Topic:Build FORTE1.8.4 with eclipse
Next Topic:MQTT Raw Parsing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:52:27 GMT 2024