Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object mapping | several matches of the same CTabFolder due to dynamic views/tabs
Object mapping | several matches of the same CTabFolder due to dynamic views/tabs [message #1764712] Thu, 01 June 2017 14:41 Go to next message
Mirco Lehnhoff is currently offline Mirco LehnhoffFriend
Hi,

currently we have the issue, that Jubula does not find an object, which has already been mapped, at runtime.

We have a CTabFolder let say "ABC" which is mapped. During the object mapping Jubula recognizes the corresponding tabs ("one", "two:2", "three:3") for instance.

If the tabs change at runtime to let's say ("one", "two:222", "three:333"), the embracing CTabFolder is not found anymore. If I start the object mapping again, now it will find CTabFolder_ABC ("one", "two:222", "three:333").

What can I do to have Jubula ignore those tabs/views, as - by the way - they cannot be mapped stand-alone? My CTabFolder remains the same all the time and I'd like Jubula to recognize it.

Did anyone face the same issue and might have a solution for me?

Thanks and best,
Mirco.
Re: Object mapping | several matches of the same CTabFolder due to dynamic views/tabs [message #1765939 is a reply to message #1764712] Wed, 14 June 2017 14:11 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,

I am only aware of an similar issue where a CTabFolder is completely emptied and after this it is not found again. This is a Problem we are facing because Jubula cannot name the CTabFolder correct. But this you are describing should work. Are you sure that not only the Visible Name is changing in the Object Mapping Editor? Maybe the CTabFolder is still found in a Test.
Are you changing perspectives in between or closing all Tabs of the CTabFolder?
Also it should be possible to map the content of the CTabFolder(if it contains Buttons, Trees or other supported components). But maybe these are not supported component.

If you can Map the content, it is possible to do a workaround to get the views to the Front. E.g. you can get a View in Front via Window -Y Show View -> Others

with regards
Marvin Muller
Previous Topic:Running AUT with Testexec
Next Topic:Reflection component : Invoke External method [Execution Error: "java.lang.ClassNotFound]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:25:02 GMT 2024