Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3(Does it work for you?)
GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3 [message #1764707] Thu, 01 June 2017 13:59 Go to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hi,

Templates that were working well before do not work anymore since - I believed - I upgraded Eclipse Neon to R3.

This could come from an issue with Acceleo.

Does one of you have some feedback to share about this?

Thanks.

Yves
Re: GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3 [message #1764733 is a reply to message #1764707] Thu, 01 June 2017 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

I am using the same templates in Neon R1 and R3 based installations and it works fine for me.

Could you be more specific about what it is not working on R3? Do you get an error? is the result document is broken? ...

Thanks,
Antonio
Re: GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3 [message #1764760 is a reply to message #1764733] Fri, 02 June 2017 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your reply.

The generation process does not show any runtime error but the generated document is almost empty. It contains only some of the script instructions that should have been interpreted and replace by the expected text.

The template is mainly built around a "for" loop calling fragments. If I remove this loop and leave only some simple fields (like "[x.name/]") it works fine.

Note that I successfully used this very same template several times before. That's why I was thinking about something linked to the R3, but it works fine with you, the root cause is something else.

Yves

Yves
Re: GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3 [message #1764788 is a reply to message #1764760] Fri, 02 June 2017 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I found where it comes from and it has nothing to do with R3, indeed.

One of the package name includes a "&" symbol. The template takes care of this by using the "clean()" function everywhere a name is used.... Well actually *almost* everywhere !!!.... I missed a very specific case which was activated by a modification made in the source model recently.

I fixed this and the document is now properly generated.

Thanks for your help.

Yves
Re: GenDoc on Eclipse Neon.3 [message #1766721 is a reply to message #1764788] Mon, 26 June 2017 13:44 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Thank you for this feedback !
It would be nice to see if one we could add an option one day to force the clean on string result without adding them in the template

[Updated on: Mon, 26 June 2017 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:element first occurence page number
Next Topic:detecting empty collection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:20:58 GMT 2024