Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Confusing Property Types(Papyrus, how to set property types)
Confusing Property Types [message #1764060] Wed, 24 May 2017 13:21 Go to next message
Philip Schröder is currently offline Philip SchröderFriend
Hello everybody,
and thank you for your help.

I am trying to understand how to set class property types in Papyrus class diagrams.
I want something like this

List<E> Attribute1
Map<K> Attribute2

As you see in the picture, I created a new class with a property Attribute1 and already tried the same as with Attribute2 with type <<ModelLibrary>> Ecore Primitive Types -> List.

Next with Attribute2 I tried with Map

index.php/fa/29430/0/

But somehow the type becomes E or likewise K not List<E> and Map<K>.

What I got to understand is, that when chosing a type, you can chose to set several properties (not in the sense of class diagrams) of the typed element.
So I don't have to chose one of the blue lined things under the type but can set all.

Appart from that, I didn't understand much, I can set the package and namespace like in object oriented languages, the owner is the element in which context the property appears, I guess, which seems somehow useless here since it already is a property of the class, so the context should be clear.
I guessed ownedElement is an Element in a bin of the Map as a key value pair,
but when I open it, the only thing I can only chose Redefinable Template Signature, no idea, what ownedElement is supposed to be now.
But what I wanted is to set a template signature anyway.
But I want the type to be the whole thing on the traversed tree, not just the template parameter.

What do I need to do to achieve that?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Best regards

Philip.
Re: Confusing Property Types [message #1764244 is a reply to message #1764060] Sat, 27 May 2017 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
If you use template types, you can't bind to an actual during the setting of the type (as you do when you use a programming language). You need to create a bound element first, i.e. a new class (named for instance List_E) with a template-binding relationship having a parameter substitution that replaces E with a concrete type. The number of steps is quite high, therefore it is planned to provide a wizard supporting this, but it has not been implemented yet. I understand you figured that out in your other thread related to the topic (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1083587/)
It's not so clear what your remarks related to ownedElement relate to. If its the template signature, a formal parameter might be owned by that signature (defined by it) or refer to a formal defined in another template signature. The latter is a rather rare case if one template signature extends another one.
Re: Confusing Property Types [message #1764358 is a reply to message #1764244] Mon, 29 May 2017 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Schröder is currently offline Philip SchröderFriend
Sorry,
I see I was unclear concerning owned Element, what I ment was Map -> owned Element.

I would think since Map is a container for (key, value) pairs, one of those would be an owned Element of Map.

Concerning the main problem, instead of in my other thread, here I don't want something like Map<Int> or Map<String>, in this case here I want the template not be bound, it should remain variable in its template parameter like Map<E: Class> or something like that, do I still need a parameter substitution?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Best

Philip.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 May 2017 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Confusing Property Types [message #1764371 is a reply to message #1764358] Mon, 29 May 2017 09:31 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
HI Philip,

you can type properties of your template class with the formal template parameters, e.g. with the E, K (or T in my example). Map -> <Classifier Template Signature> -> <Classifier Template Parameter> T -> T. There is no need for the advanced model explorer.

HTH (not sure, if I understood the problem)

Ansgar
Previous Topic:User Model for C++ Template Containers
Next Topic:C++ function parameter types reset to <Undefined> on every save
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:47:28 GMT 2024