Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Install Papyrus UML for CDT(Installation and setup)
Install Papyrus UML for CDT [message #1764013] Wed, 24 May 2017 00:35 Go to next message
Bassam Alsanie is currently offline Bassam AlsanieFriend
Hello everyone,
I am finding a hard time getting Papyrus to work for my C++ project.
Next what i did so far:
1. Installed Papyrus:
Help -> Install New Software ... -> work with: Neon - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon
Then from the list I installed Modeling ->Papyrus UML
2- Restarted the IDE and now i see there is Papyrus icon on the tool bar.
I clicked the icon and installed "Designer-CPP"
3- Restarted IDE and now I expect that I can reverse engineer my C++ code (I could be wrong on my assumption, but I really cant tell as it was hard to find resources).
To reverse engineer a class, I right click on the class name -> reverse -> There is two options [To New UML Model, To existing UML Model (Overwrite)]. I selected the "To New UML Model". It seem to do something and I get the message that my UML is in the directory "reversed_models". But there is nothing there :( . Am I missing something here?

Thank you
Bassam
Re: Install Papyrus UML for CDT [message #1765335 is a reply to message #1764013] Thu, 08 June 2017 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shuai Li is currently offline Shuai LiFriend
Hi,

Have you tried using the Papyrus Software Designer release update-site in [1] or nightly update-site in [2]? If it still doesn't work after installing the C++ features with these update-sites, can you please post the stack trace of the error if there is any?

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/components/designer/neon/
[2] https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/view/Designer/job/papyrus-designer-neon-papyrusnightly/ws/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.p2/target/repository/
Re: Install Papyrus UML for CDT [message #1766109 is a reply to message #1765335] Thu, 15 June 2017 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used release update-site in [1].

I just made clean eclipse install, and I will try again.
Re: Install Papyrus UML for CDT [message #1766179 is a reply to message #1766109] Fri, 16 June 2017 22:37 Go to previous message
Same as stated before. Got the message "Reserved to new UML model in reversed_models/ folder of project testMe" but the folder is empty . No error message. Not sure where to go from here!
Previous Topic: BDD in XMI format
Next Topic:Problem Building Papyrus Source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:10:34 GMT 2024