Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource?(How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource?)
How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource? [message #1764001] Tue, 23 May 2017 20:45 Go to next message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
I've stood up an OSLC Bugzilla server and successfully connected DNG to it as an Outbound Friend in both the server administration area and the project administration area. Now I cannot figure out what I need to do to create a link from the DNG artifact to the Bugzilla server.

I locate a DNG artifact within DNG and then I click the Edit button. Then I click the create link button which pop up a view to locate the resource I want to link to. The problem is I don't see any option to select the Bugzilla as the repository to search for links.

What am I missing? Should I be clicking on a different button in the DNG UI?

Thanks in advance!
Re: How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource? [message #1764096 is a reply to message #1764001] Wed, 24 May 2017 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Amsden is currently offline Jim AmsdenFriend
Interestingly I am in the process of doing the same thing for another OSLC server I'm creating. So I'm not completely sure of the details below as I haven't done this yet.

DNG needs two things in order to create a link: it needs to establish a (client) friend relationship to the BugzillaAdaptor server using a server-provided consumer key, and it needs to have access to the OSLC discovery resources - the service provider catalog.

Typically the jazz.net apps initiate discovery through a rootservices document that is at a know URI, and is accessible without authentication. That document provides the URL to the service provider catalog resource(s).

But I think most jazz.net apps use project area associations to facilitate discovery since project areas are the service providers in jazz.net apps. The BugzillaAdaptor uses Bugzilla Products as the service providers, so an association between a DNG project area and a Bugzilla Product needs to be established. Then when DNG displays a selection or creation dialog, it provide a dropdown to pick from this list of project area associations and then access the services for the Bugzilla product service provider. Those services include the creation and selection dialog URIs for the various types of resources that can be created or selected.
Re: How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource? [message #1764135 is a reply to message #1764096] Thu, 25 May 2017 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jim. I'm getting some traction over in the Jazz.net forum. But I'm still unsuccessful. Maybe one of the Bugzilla Adapter developers here can provide some incites?
Re: How to link an DNG artifact to Bugzilla resource? [message #1764875 is a reply to message #1764135] Fri, 02 June 2017 18:25 Go to previous message
I figured it out with some help over on the Jazz.net Forum.
Previous Topic:Querying modifications
Next Topic:Simple OSLC spec?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:28:56 GMT 2024