Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » No Tracing Events in Forte Console
No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1763827] Sun, 21 May 2017 11:20 Go to next message
Jannik Dajiba is currently offline Jannik DajibaFriend
Hey,

i am new beginner to use 4diac 1.8.4 in my project. i followed the video in youtube to bulid Forte.exe in visual studio 2013. The Building war successfully, however the forte console can not run, which means i could see the Tracing events.

First question, does this mean, that i failed to build the forte? Or just i could not see the Traces, but in fact the forte can work?

Second question, i did the same with forte 1.6.2 as the video. I could see the tracing. Did someone change something with preconfiguration in the new version?

Hope that someone could be so kind to help me

Jannik
Re: No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1763902 is a reply to message #1763827] Mon, 22 May 2017 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

In FORTE 1.8.x we deactivated per default all output as the output can have quite some performance implications. Therefore not seeing anything is perfectly fine. The best way to test if your FORTE is working is to download a small sample program and monitor the values and events of the application. The advantage of this approach is that this is working for all FORTE supported devices even for those which have no display.

If you want to see the tracing and debug output you need to set the variable CMAKE_BUILDTYPE to Debug and then you can set the tracing and logging options in the cmake options.

I hope this helps.
Alois

Re: No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1763960 is a reply to message #1763902] Tue, 23 May 2017 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alice Hu is currently offline Alice HuFriend
HI,

I met a error about setting CMAKE_BUILDTYPE to Debug.
Log Level was changed to NOLOG automatically even though I changed it before Configure.
Re: No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1764107 is a reply to message #1763960] Wed, 24 May 2017 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I see two issues in your screenshot. The first is that in this version there seems to be an issue with FORTE's cmake configuration files. AFAIK this is fixed in the latest version in our git repository. Therefore I would kindly ask you to clone our git repo and checkout the 1.8.x branch.

The second point is that you haven't set the FORTE_ARCHITECTURE to the value for your platform.

I hope this helps,
Alois
Re: No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1764168 is a reply to message #1764107] Fri, 26 May 2017 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alice Hu is currently offline Alice HuFriend
Thank you for getting back to me!
The errors have already been fixed.

Thanks again for that.
Re: No Tracing Events in Forte Console [message #1764183 is a reply to message #1764168] Fri, 26 May 2017 13:21 Go to previous message

Great that it works now.
Previous Topic:OPC Client only receive date
Next Topic:Set up Unit Test project in VS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:32:57 GMT 2024