Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Invalid type for iteration Error
Invalid type for iteration Error [message #1763791] Fri, 19 May 2017 16:54 Go to next message
Nicholas Johnson is currently offline Nicholas JohnsonFriend
I'm fairly new to EMF and Acceleo 3.x and I'm trying to figure out why I get the following error when I try to iterate through a list:

Invalid type for iteration at line 15 in Module genClass for block for (aComponent.implements). org.openjaus.ojss.model.impl.ServiceImpl was not an instanceof null.

I have two metamodels:

1. ojss
  2. skeleton

Each metamodel is in a separate eclipse plugin/project.

The Component EClass in the skeleton metamodel has a list of references (implements) to the Service EClass in the ojss metamodel. I have instances of both metamodels: My.skeleton and My.ojss such that My.skeleton references objects in My.ojss.

I'm running Acceleo from the same Eclipse instance that I'm doing the development using a Launch Configuration and set to run as a Java Application. I register the packages in the registerPackages method:

if (!isInWorkspace(SkeletonPackage.class))
{
        resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(SkeletonPackage.eNS_URI, SkeletonPackage.eINSTANCE);
}

if (!isInWorkspace(ModelPackage.class))
{
        resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(ModelPackage.eNS_URI, ModelPackage.eINSTANCE);
}

and I figured out that I needed/how to register the resource factories in the registerResourceFactories method:

resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("skeleton", new SkeletonResourceFactoryImpl());
resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("ojss", new ModelResourceFactoryImpl());

All the proxies seem to resolve fine and if I just print the Component.implements list it lists the Service information as I would expect:

[aComponent.implements/] --> org.openjaus.ojss.model.impl.ServiceImpl@72e5a8e (name: Transport, ... )

However, when I try to iterate over the component.implements list I get the error listed above. Here is the code I'm using to iterate over the list.
[for (aService : Service | aComponent.implements)]
    + block_expression
[/for]

I've tested manually loading the model(s) and iterating over the list using the following code and it seems to work fine. This seems to imply it's an Acceleo problem.
        // Initialize the model
        SkeletonPackage.eINSTANCE.eClass();

// Register the XMI resource factory for the .website extension

Resource.Factory.Registry reg = Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE;
        Map<String, Object> m = reg.getExtensionToFactoryMap();
        m.put("skeleton", new SkeletonResourceFactoryImpl());
        m.put("ojss", new ModelResourceFactoryImpl());

// Obtain a new resource set
        ResourceSet resSet = new ResourceSetImpl();

// Get the resource
        String filePath = "C:\\openjaus\\ojssdev\\runtime-EclipseApplication\\skeletons\\openjaus.skeleton";
        URI fileURI = URI.createFileURI(filePath);
        Resource resource = resSet.getResource(fileURI, true);

// Get the first model element and cast it to the right type, in my
        // example everything is hierarchical included in this first node
        Project myProject = (Project)resource.getContents().get(0);
        print(myProject);

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look / how to fix?

I'm using Eclipse Neon 4.6.0, Acceleo 3.6.6, and EMF 2.12.0

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invalid type for iteration Error [message #1763792 is a reply to message #1763791] Fri, 19 May 2017 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you can't figure it out, there is rather less chance that we can since you have the code to debug and we don't.

I might guess that you iterating over a non-collection, but cannot be more helpful.

You need to post a repro.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Invalid type for iteration Error [message #1764004 is a reply to message #1763792] Tue, 23 May 2017 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Johnson is currently offline Nicholas JohnsonFriend
I tried to re-create the problem using a different project that I could share and can't get the problem to duplicate with that project.

*sigh*

I'm trying to see if that gives me any insight into what I'm doing wrong. I'll post if I make some progress / figure out the problem.
Re: Invalid type for iteration Error [message #1765952 is a reply to message #1764004] Wed, 14 June 2017 14:53 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Nicholas,

This error message seems very strange to me (not an instanceof null?). Could you try printing the following to see if this can help?

[aComponent.implements/]
[aComponent.implements->size()/]
[for (aService : OclAny | aComponent.implements->asSequence())]
    [aService/]
[/for]

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:Post trim not working
Next Topic:Question for export a project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:28:27 GMT 2024