Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Parameters of test case in Jubula(Parameters of test case in Jubula)
Parameters of test case in Jubula [message #1763732] Fri, 19 May 2017 07:29 Go to next message
trung nguyen is currently offline trung nguyenFriend
Hi,

I have some questions. Could you please help me to answer the questions.
1. As title, I want to run test suite in "testexec.exe" during Jubula GUI is closed. Let me know if I can edit parameters of Test Case without opening Jubula GUI (eg: Could I config some files?). By the way, If I could run more than one test suite?
2. I have a Test Case that using a loop. I want to the loop having time out or count number (eg: after 40s, the loop is finished or count number as for(i =0, i<10, i++)). Do you have any ideas to resolve the Test Case?

Thanks
Trung.
Re: Parameters of test case in Jubula [message #1763926 is a reply to message #1763732] Tue, 23 May 2017 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello,

1. If you want specific parameter values to be different when you run a test, then you can use environment variables which you then set on your machine before the test runs.
2. For a count number in a loop, you can use an iterate node (as of 8.4.1). For amount of time, you may be able to set and read a timer which you then use as a while condition (also as of 8.4.1).

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Parameters of test case in Jubula [message #1763929 is a reply to message #1763926] Tue, 23 May 2017 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

1. Could you please explain your idea more clearly? I mean I just want to edit parameter in Test Case without opening Jubula GUI (see attach picture). Do you have any way?
2. Thanks for your answer! Could you please give me a example or document?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 24 May 2017 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Parameters of test case in Jubula [message #1764374 is a reply to message #1763929] Mon, 29 May 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miklos Hartmann is currently offline Miklos HartmannFriend
Hi Trung

No, there is no way to modify the Test Cases outside Jubula like you would like to do. What Alex suggested was to use Environment Variables. If you have a Test Case where you need data which you know will come from external sources, then you can set it up so that the Test Case uses a variable, and you can assign a value to this variable by setting Environment Variables before running the test, see here:

https://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/tasks/ch03s14s05.html#using-environment-variables-in-tests

So if you'd like to use a variable with name EXTERNAL_DATA (e.g. use $EXTERNAL_DATA as a parameter), then you have to set the Environment Variable TEST_UDV_EXTERNAL_DATA before running the test.

Best wishes,
Miklos
Re: Parameters of test case in Jubula [message #1764383 is a reply to message #1764374] Mon, 29 May 2017 09:58 Go to previous message
Thank Miklos!
Previous Topic:Jubula 8.5 Standalone Released
Next Topic:Using Jubula jars in JavaFX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:45:56 GMT 2024