Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Suppress Warning "The installation process is taking longer than usual"
Suppress Warning "The installation process is taking longer than usual" [message #1763634] Thu, 18 May 2017 09:07 Go to next message
David Hofmann is currently offline David HofmannFriend
Hi,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to suppress the often appearing message "The installation process is taking longer than usual" in the installer.

This message is consistently displayed in my custom Oomph installer which I'm currently testing with a localhost server, so the "connection" is really fast and there should be no need to display this message.

Looking at the code the criteria for displaying the message are either work units not progressing or a set of artifact URIs not changing. The only reason I can think of why these criteria could apply is that there are large artifacts to be downloaded. The largest artifacts in my repositories are:

1. com.ibm.icu (11.4 MB)
  2. org.eclipse.jdt.ui (10.7 MB)
  3. org.eclipse.platform.doc.user (8.8 MB)

In general, there are > 50 plugins with > 1 MB JAR size, so large plugins seem to be quite common.

Is this expected behavior? Is there an option to suppress this message?

Thanks and best regards
Dave
Re: Suppress Warning "The installation process is taking longer than usual" [message #1763678 is a reply to message #1763634] Thu, 18 May 2017 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, there's no option to suppress this yet. I pretty much never see this come up, so I'm not sure why you'd see it consistently. Perhaps because the local server isn't reporting some information that would help show progress on the download...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Suppress Warning "The installation process is taking longer than usual" [message #1763688 is a reply to message #1763678] Thu, 18 May 2017 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hofmann is currently offline David HofmannFriend
Does the installer need more than Status 200 OK, Content-Type: application/octet-stream and the file contents?
Re: Suppress Warning "The installation process is taking longer than usual" [message #1763712 is a reply to message #1763688] Thu, 18 May 2017 20:22 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's more of a question of what p2 does under the covers. Without being able to reproduce the issue, I can't say what might be going on....

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Restrict Target Platform to Neon+
Next Topic:Unable to read repository at: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon/201705151400/content.xml.xz.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:46:40 GMT 2024