Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » OpenSSL error....can't figure it out(OpenSSL issue)
OpenSSL error....can't figure it out [message #1763524] Wed, 17 May 2017 04:37 Go to next message
Steven DAmbra is currently offline Steven DAmbraFriend
I'm running into an issue and i simply can't figure it out. going on two weeks now!
Installed the latest version of Mosquitto and Openssl on a server 2012 instance. Works fine, but now trying to enable TLS. I cannot get a purchased nor self signed certificate to work. I've read the manual, i followed a tutorial listed(can't list the link as its blocked), neither works.

Steps i've taken:
I placed the certificates into a folder and set the following values:
cafile C:\mosquitto\certs\ca.crt
certfile C:\mosquitto\certs\server.crt
keyfile C:\mosquitto\certs\server.key
Changed the port from 1883 to 8883.
restarted Mosquitto. It starts up without issue.

Everytime i try to connect from a client, i get the following message:
OpenSSL Error: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
OpenSSL Error: error:140940E5:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:ssl handshake failure

i re imported this certificate about 50 times now. i've tried every option possible. I've tried using .pem instead of .crt.
Does anyone have any idea???
Re: OpenSSL error....can't figure it out [message #1801938 is a reply to message #1763524] Tue, 29 January 2019 16:19 Go to previous message
Usman Maqsood is currently offline Usman MaqsoodFriend
I literally am facing the same issue...

I not familiar with certifications and keys and singing but I followed the instruction to the best of my ability. The only difference is that I am using mqtt.fx.

Any luck understanding the issue..?

Previous Topic:Mosquito does not start when any ip interface is down
Next Topic:Redundant / High Available Install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:58:04 GMT 2024