Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to safely clean up huge files in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus
How to safely clean up huge files in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus [message #1763423] Mon, 15 May 2017 16:41 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I unfortunately have to look for opportunities to recover space on my laptop drive. I noticed that I have some particularly large files in "workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus". By large I mean several gigabytes. They are in files like "_15u.fdt" in directories with names like GUIDs. I notice that the last modified timestamp on several of these directories are from a few months ago.

I figured that this data has to do with the indexing level of my Maven repositories. I noticed that I had "central" set to "full index". I changed that to "disabled" for now, but I imagine even if that was the cause of those large files, changing that flag likely won't reclaim any space just by itself.

What can I do to clean up these directories safely?
Re: How to safely clean up huge files in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus [message #1763426 is a reply to message #1763423] Mon, 15 May 2017 18:25 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I guess this isn't the best place to ask this. I've posted this to the m2e-users list.
Previous Topic:Eclipse startup hung forever at "Loading org.eclipse.emf.edit"
Next Topic:Adding dynamic context menu entry to Project Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:06:45 GMT 2024