Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH(ESH need connector to connect Openhab-cloud)
Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1763222] Fri, 12 May 2017 08:57 Go to next message
Kiran Patil is currently offline Kiran PatilFriend
Hi,

I would like to know, the availability of connecter for openhab-cloud ?

If not then can we reuse the openhab connecter (if it is bundle) ?

Regards,
Kiran.
Re: Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1763466 is a reply to message #1763222] Tue, 16 May 2017 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Triller is currently offline Stefan TrillerFriend
Hello Kiran,

the openhab-cloud connector is, as the name implies, for openHAB and not for ESH. If you want to use it, please use openHAB.

Kind Regards,

Stefan

[Updated on: Tue, 16 May 2017 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1764491 is a reply to message #1763466] Tue, 30 May 2017 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stefan,

Is there any interest in the community to support ESH-cloud ?

We would like to work along, if someone has started it, please share the github/gitlab link.

If not then, please share the detail regarding how to start and any guidance or help is welcome.

Regards,
Kiran.
Re: Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1764504 is a reply to message #1764491] Tue, 30 May 2017 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Cunningham is currently offline Dan CunninghamFriend
Quote:
I would like to know, the availability of connecter for openhab-cloud ?

If not then can we reuse the openhab connecter (if it is bundle) ?

Hi, all code for the openHAB project can be found at https://github.com/openhab/ , this includes the openhab-cloud code, which powers the hosted service as well as the cloud binding which is how OH connects to it. I would suggest becoming familiar with the projects there as that will be the best way to answer your questions.
Re: Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1764535 is a reply to message #1764504] Wed, 31 May 2017 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dan,

The openhab-cloud connector is, as the name implies, for openHAB and not for ESH as mentioned earlier by Mr. Stefan.

I would like to know from ESH community members, since IMHO this is specific to ESH not Openhab.
Re: Openhab-cloud connecter for ESH [message #1764885 is a reply to message #1764535] Fri, 02 June 2017 20:37 Go to previous message
Hans-Jörg Merk is currently offline Hans-Jörg MerkFriend
Kiran Patil wrote on Wed, 31 May 2017 05:24
Hi Dan,

The openhab-cloud connector is, as the name implies, for openHAB and not for ESH as mentioned earlier by Mr. Stefan.

I would like to know from ESH community members, since IMHO this is specific to ESH not Openhab.

I guess, you are building a solution on top of ESH, similar to openHAB.
If this is the case, you should even build you own cloud service and cloud connector, as myopenHAB or openHAB-cloud-connector is only meant to be used within openhab, not for other services based on ESH.

You can get inspiration on how to build such a solution by checking the openHAB-cloud-connector sources on github.
Previous Topic:OSGI bundle Exception : Unable to resolve binding
Next Topic:NPE trying to set up ESH development envirionment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:10:05 GMT 2024