Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to do "submodule init" ?(How to do "submodule init" ?)
icon5.gif  How to do "submodule init" ? [message #1761793] Thu, 11 May 2017 15:08 Go to next message
Nicolas Albert is currently offline Nicolas AlbertFriend
Hi,

How can I perform a submodule init with EGit ?

In the "Git Repositories" view, the Submodules is empty, Sync and Update actions doesn't work.

In the "Git Staging" view, target folders for submodules are flag as unstaged deleted folder : I cannot revert it !

I can success to init submodule using git bash command line, but not with EGit. Also, once initialized by command line, the EGit integration isn't perfect and sometimes, I cannot revert states of target folder.

But it almost work.

You can test with this project : https://github.com/nicolas-albert/TestGit.git

It contains a public and a private sub modules.

PS : I use Neon with EGit/JGit 4.7.0.201704051617
Re: How to do "submodule init" ? [message #1763656 is a reply to message #1761793] Thu, 18 May 2017 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
"Doesn't work" doesn't tell me what exactly doesn't work.

In any case, maybe you've been hitting https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=514936 . That should be fixed, see last comment there.
Re: How to do "submodule init" ? [message #1763708 is a reply to message #1763656] Thu, 18 May 2017 19:19 Go to previous message
Nicolas Albert is currently offline Nicolas AlbertFriend
Ok, I set the nightly update site on my Eclipse Neon and I run now with EGit 4.8.0.201705180901.

Now, right-clic "Sumbodules" and "Update submodules" load my modules correctly.

But their is still a something weird : destination folder are "unstaged" (with >) and I cannot revert it. The workaroundis to stage / unstage folders.

After that, I do some little tests (fetch / pull / commit / push) and it looks like ok :)
Previous Topic:slowness in egit after recent upgrade
Next Topic:EGit commit file with LFS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:24:07 GMT 2024