Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Unable to launch FBRT/Local FORTE after importing application
icon4.gif  Unable to launch FBRT/Local FORTE after importing application [message #1761225] Tue, 09 May 2017 08:30 Go to next message
Akshai M is currently offline Akshai MFriend
Hi ,

Please find the bug description.
I have migrated to 4DIAC 1.8.4 and wanted to import applications made in a previous version. After importing the application I am unable to launch FBRT/ Local FORTE using Runtime Launcher in Deployment Perspective. At first 4DIAC fires up an error reporting service then on nothing happens when I try to launch again.
Strangely the issue persists even after deleting the imported application. The IDE used to work fine before importing the application. Tried killing PID and even restarting the machine but nothing works.
The application (RPi) can be found here < https://github.com/akshaim/4DIAC >
Kindly provide me with a solution.

Regards,

Akshai M
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 92.38KB, Downloaded 155 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 09 May 2017 12:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug - Unable to launch FBRT/Local FORTE after importing application [message #1761228 is a reply to message #1761225] Tue, 09 May 2017 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monika Wenger is currently offline Monika WengerFriend
did you set the preferences? the fbrt path has to be set manually as far as i know, usually to ...4DIAC-IDE_1.8.4_win32.x86_64\runtime\FBRT\fbrt.jar
Re: Bug - Unable to launch FBRT/Local FORTE after importing application [message #1761234 is a reply to message #1761228] Tue, 09 May 2017 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Akshai M is currently offline Akshai MFriend
Hi Monika,

Thank you for the information.It works now !! Now I remember setting the same for the previous version.
The IDE came with /Training/fbrt.jar as the path for FBRT. Why is it not /runtime/FBRT/fbrt.jar by default?

Regards,

Akshai M
Re: Bug - Unable to launch FBRT/Local FORTE after importing application [message #1761337 is a reply to message #1761234] Tue, 09 May 2017 19:01 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

The problem is that Eclipse stores absolute paths in its workspace settings (at least to my knowledge we haven't found a way around it). Therefore you have to set this value for each new workspace you are using.
Previous Topic:Developing distributed application
Next Topic:using OPC to control siemens PLC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:23:06 GMT 2024