Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Commit brings up empty staging fields
icon8.gif  Commit brings up empty staging fields [message #1761200] Mon, 08 May 2017 19:57 Go to next message
thomas Strike is currently offline thomas StrikeFriend
Using Neon
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

I am new to Eclipse and this is my first time trying to use git with github. I was following a tutorial and was eventually successful in creating a local repoitory and pushed it to my github project repository. The only problem was that there was an extra subfile perpended to it. I thought that the easiest way to fix this would be to just delete my gethub repository and also remove the local repository, then just start over after moving my project back one subdirectory. Confused

When I tried to start over, Everything is now different when trying to do a commit. There doesn't seem to be [NO-HEAD] being placed on the project. When I try to do a commit, a "workplace [NO-HEAD] " sub window opens up and all it's fields are completely empty, unlike the first time I went through this process successfully. I looked at the error log and found the following;
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/thomasj/workspace/java/.metadata/.mylyn/tasks.xml.zip (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.externalization.TaskListExternalizer.writeTaskList(TaskListExternalizer.java:59)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.externalization.TaskListExternalizationParticipant$2.execute(TaskListExternalizationParticipant.java:129)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.TaskList.run(TaskList.java:729)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.TaskList.run(TaskList.java:720)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.externalization.TaskListExternalizationParticipant.save(TaskListExternalizationParticipant.java:133)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.externalization.AbstractExternalizationParticipant.execute(AbstractExternalizationParticipant.java:70)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.core.externalization.ExternalizationManager$ExternalizationJob.run(ExternalizationManager.java:222)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I have a feeling that this has to do with altering the path to my project slightly but I figured that I should be able to start over from scratch and this shouldn't be a problem. I guess that I was wrong because here I am. I have no idea where to start to fix this so that I can get along with using git in my Eclipse installation.

Could someone please help me Crying or Very Sad
Re: Commit brings up empty staging fields [message #1761419 is a reply to message #1761200] Wed, 10 May 2017 20:50 Go to previous message
thomas Strike is currently offline thomas StrikeFriend
I figured out what was going on myself. When I deleted the local repository, some metadata files were also removed. When I closed and then re-opened Eclipse and then imported my project again, it recreated these metadata files and I was then able to recreate my local repository again.

It took me 2 days to figure this out and I just want to thank all of those here who offered their suggestions and insights for the help.
Previous Topic:Counting objects slow after Neon 3 update
Next Topic:egit shows ">" on all files in newly cloned project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:44:56 GMT 2024