Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do you stop a runaway program?(Program is running, well, it was. It finally stopped.)
How do you stop a runaway program? [message #1761109] Sun, 07 May 2017 00:02 Go to next message
Chuck Pergiel is currently offline Chuck PergielFriend
I put in a bunch of printf statements to help me track down a bug. Finally found the problem (by careful examination of the code, not from any debug work). Compiled it and let it run (just RUN, not DEBUG RUN) and boy howdy, did it run, spewing zillions of lines output. Okay, looks like it's fixed, now how do you stop it? Looked here and there and didn't find anything that looked likely. Not a problem now since it has finished, and it probably won't be a problem again, since I learned my lesson. But if there is a stop button, I probably should learn where it is. Yes, I could shut down the whole program, or pull the power, but that takes seconds, possibly even a minute to recover from that, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Sent from my Commodore-64 via a US Robotics 300 Baud Modem
Re: How do you stop a runaway program? [message #1761115 is a reply to message #1761109] Sun, 07 May 2017 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The red stop button on the console view will do the trick.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How do you stop a runaway program? [message #1761123 is a reply to message #1761115] Sun, 07 May 2017 15:38 Go to previous message
Chuck Pergiel is currently offline Chuck PergielFriend
Thank you. It's obvious, now that you've pointed it out.

Sent from my Commodore-64 via a US Robotics 300 Baud Modem
Previous Topic:Scilab configuration on Eclipse IDE for c++, Version Helios Service Release 2
Next Topic:How to save stuff written to stderr?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:38:12 GMT 2024