Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating edges from the graphics area
Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1760992] Fri, 05 May 2017 05:47 Go to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hi,

I had a question regarding the creation of edges.

I would like the edges to be created not only from the palette, but also from the graphic area. When it stops moving the mouse in the graphics area, the popup bar with the possibility of adding nodes is displayed. Similarly, I would like to create edges, eg. when hovering over a node (or with press any keys). I want the user who draws the graph not to have to move the mouse from the graphic area to the palette.

Is it possible to solve it?

Thanks a lot for every advice.

Martin
Re: Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1761217 is a reply to message #1760992] Tue, 09 May 2017 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Anyone no idea solution? Wink

Thanks.

Martin
Re: Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1761358 is a reply to message #1761217] Wed, 10 May 2017 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi Jedicka,

The action of edge creation is not available and is not implemented in SIrius.
The reason is, the edge creation need 2 clicks and it's a really complex implementation.

Regards,
Re: Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1763459 is a reply to message #1761358] Tue, 16 May 2017 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I understand, but it is very inconvenient when you need every edge to move the mouse on a pallet and again press connection.

I have several options to deal with, but I do not know whether to implement them

1. Press the button on the pallet as a toggle, so that edge creation is activated until it is pressed.
  2. Have the option to create an edge from the popup bar (where embedded nodes are available). So the user would click to create an edge on the popup bar (and would not have to move the mouse up to the palette).
  3. Creating an edge by holding a key, ie, if you move the mouse over a node and press the (defined) key, the edge creation is activated.

Is any of these solutions possible to implement?

Thank you very much.

Martin

[Updated on: Wed, 19 July 2017 07:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1768465 is a reply to message #1763459] Wed, 19 July 2017 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

any idea (see previous message)?

Thanks.

Martin
Re: Creating edges from the graphics area [message #1768496 is a reply to message #1768465] Wed, 19 July 2017 13:35 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,
I don't see a way to do 2 or 3.
Regarding 1, with CTRL key pushed you can do many connections at once without using the palette after the first connection.

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Crosstable toggle between row and column objects for properties view
Next Topic:Filters for diagram extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:24:26 GMT 2024