Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » neon.3 and Papyrus
neon.3 and Papyrus [message #1760835] Wed, 03 May 2017 13:40 Go to next message
Geoffry Roberts is currently offline Geoffry RobertsFriend
All,

Apologies, originally, I managed to get this posted on newcomers--wrong place let's try again.

Is Papyrus out of synch with eclipse versions?

I am just starting out with Papyrus. I have it installed along with Accelleo on my neon.3 IDE--latest and greatest everything. I can neither created a class diagram nor can I open a class diagram that was created using another Papyrus installation.

On create: The dialogs appear. I complete them, but the finish button does nothing. I click, the dialog remains, no diagram is created.

On open existing: A tab appears in the editor space showing an X in the tab and blank in the editor.

While we're at it, I use a theme with a dark background. Does Papyrus expect me to use a light background?

Papyrus/Acceleo has good potential in my current work. I hope to find a way to work with these problems.

Thanks
Re: neon.3 and Papyrus [message #1760837 is a reply to message #1760835] Wed, 03 May 2017 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedikt Bauer is currently offline Benedikt BauerFriend
Hey Robert,

it's glad and sad at the same time that I'm not the only one experiencing this behaviour.

I have two papyrus(es) running here: One that was already downloaded as "standalone" (in quotes, since I'm aware of the fact, that it is only a preconfigured eclipse) Papyrus. If I search for updates on this one, it seems to not update itself to neon.3. The other one is a Papyrus plugin installed in a normal eclipse IDE. If I search for updates in this one, it updates to neon.3 and after the update, it shows the same symptoms as you describe (Wizards don't react on finish button, existing models show only a blank tab...).

I use eclipse with the default bright background, so this doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Cheers
Benedikt
Re: neon.3 and Papyrus [message #1761019 is a reply to message #1760837] Fri, 05 May 2017 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Robert and Benedikt,

That is a very strange behavior indeed. I just downloaded a fresh Neon3 and installed the released version of papyrus for Neon [1] and everything (with and without acceleo) seems to work fine. And I agree with Benedikt, the background shouldn't bring about such behavior.
Could one of you (or both) give us a more detailed view of the installed plugins please, so that we could reproduce your problem ?

Thanks,
Quentin
[1] http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/neon
Re: neon.3 and Papyrus [message #1761053 is a reply to message #1761019] Fri, 05 May 2017 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin,

My neon is not a fresh install. I've updated it twice. It was after the first update that I installed Papyrus and Acceleo. Both worked well except for issues with the dark background. I then did the second update and that's when things broke.

I will say that my neon has a lot of stuff installed.
Re: neon.3 and Papyrus [message #1761472 is a reply to message #1761053] Thu, 11 May 2017 12:16 Go to previous message
I took a fresh neon.3 installation and installed papyrus and acceleo only. Then I was able to create, open and close diagrams well enough.

I did notice however that papyrus does not seem to respond to preference settings wrt colors. I use a dark background and the connecting lines default to black and I cannot change them globally using the preferences. I have to change each line individually as I create it.
Previous Topic:Moka exécution
Next Topic:Activity diagram preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:56:51 GMT 2024