Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Neon (Windows 7/10)(Package Tree / Font Size)
Eclipse Neon (Windows 7/10) [message #1760786] Tue, 02 May 2017 22:47
Alex Summers is currently offline Alex SummersFriend
I see this enough, that I thought it prudent to post my findings and maybe save someone else the grief in the future.

If you wish to change the font and size of the Package Explorer in Windows7/10, while using Eclipse Neon, the location of the format CSS sheet isn't where one might expect to find it (I seem to recall it was in .eclipse before?).

It's located in: \Users\<USERNAME>\.p2\pool\plugins\org.eclipse.ui.themes_<VERSION>\css

In here, you will find the, what I believe might be the cached version of the style sheets that Eclipse uses. (It appears it expands them from packaged jars at first run, so if they're missing, run eclipse first)

You can check which theme you are using by looking in Window -> Preferences -> General -> Appearance within Eclipse Neon

You can either edit your particular theme file you have selected, which by default on Windows7/10 should be: e4_default_win7.css
Or you can edit the base file which all the e4 themes will inherit, named: e4_basestyle.css

At the end of either of these files, simply add the lines:
#org-eclipse-jdt-ui-PackageExplorer Tree,
#org-eclipse-ui-navigator-ProjectExplorer Tree {
    font-size: 10px; /* <-- Desired font size */
    font: Consolas;  /* <-- Font you want to have */
}

You can independently write these css classes out to your liking, or leave them grouped as is. Both the parameters font-size and font, are of course optional.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 May 2017 08:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Java Eclipse Apps use Lucida Grande instead of SF (only my Mac)
Next Topic:Papyrus and neon.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:38:00 GMT 2024