Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C?
Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C? [message #1760607] Fri, 28 April 2017 19:24 Go to next message
spencer neilan is currently offline spencer neilanFriend
Hi!

I'm trying to add OpenSSL authentication to our MQTT Client. I don't want to use the built in one because I need something that uses OCSP stapling certificate checking, special certificate validation rules, auth tokens, etc. Is there a way to integrate a custom OpenSSL implementation into Eclipse Paho?
Re: Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C? [message #1764055 is a reply to message #1760607] Wed, 24 May 2017 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
Not in the main C client. You can add your own TLS support in the embedded client (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.embedded-c), but the capabilities are quite different.

Would it be possible to add OSCP support to the main C client in a general way that would be sufficient for your use case?
Re: Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C? [message #1764846 is a reply to message #1764055] Fri, 02 June 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm currently already using the main eclipse paho c client for our embedded linux system. So that's kind of locked in. Although, general support for OCSP certificate validation might be sufficient, our team isn't sure if we want to go with Auth tokens or not. Allowing users to implement their own SSL authentication solution is preferred.

Thanks, I think I have what I need.
Re: Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C? [message #1764847 is a reply to message #1764055] Fri, 02 June 2017 15:08 Go to previous message
I'm currently already using the main eclipse paho c client for our embedded linux system. So that's kind of locked in. Although, general support for OCSP certificate validation might be sufficient, our team isn't sure if we want to go with Auth tokens or not. Allowing users to implement their own SSL authentication solution is preferred.

Thanks, I think I have what I need.
Previous Topic:Newbie question on a simple embedded Mqtt implementation
Next Topic:Android Paho client crashing on connectivity change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:06:53 GMT 2024