Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Automated treatment when creating model
Automated treatment when creating model [message #1760599] Fri, 28 April 2017 18:33 Go to next message
Guillaume Dupont is currently offline Guillaume DupontFriend
Hi,

Let's say I have a profile like that:
index.php/fa/29182/0/

Here the "content" relation really looks like a package/class containment relation; is there a way I can map it?
That is: when I am creating a model from this meta-model, if I put a "Table" (ie: a class) in a "Database" (ie: a package), which will correctly instantiate UML attributes (that is Packaged Elements and so on) is it possible to say to Papyrus to instantiate my "base" and "tables" attributes as well?
Re: Automated treatment when creating model [message #1760705 is a reply to message #1760599] Tue, 02 May 2017 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Noyrit is currently offline Florian NoyritFriend
Hi,

Yes, you can do that using the ElementTypeConfiguration framework.
You'll find the documentation of this framework in the Eclipse's Help Contents (Papyrus Guide/Toolsmith Guide/elementTypeConfigurations Framework).
You would basically add some advices to set this stereotype values on the creation, container change, ....

Best regards.
Re: Automated treatment when creating model [message #1760849 is a reply to message #1760705] Wed, 03 May 2017 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thank you for your answer; I dove into the documentation and it seems that something is doable.

However, I have trouble figuring things out; can I define a behavior in the .elementtypesconfiguration Do I have to do it in some classes?
Besides, I cannot find an explicit method for using this framework, would you have some guidelines by any chance?

Actually the best thing to do would be to give us a proper example.
Starting from my initial profile, say I want to automatically set the "base" attribute of a table and the "tables" attribute of a base whenever I create a Table (a class) in a Base (a package), how would I do that ?

Thanks again for your help,

Guillaume.
Re: Automated treatment when creating model [message #1761013 is a reply to message #1760849] Fri, 05 May 2017 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Hi,

Benoit has been so kind to publish an example (at least for the Neon release). See

https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/tree/examples/library?h=streams/2.0-maintenance

https://github.com/bmaggi/library-training
Re: Automated treatment when creating model [message #1761170 is a reply to message #1761013] Mon, 08 May 2017 14:16 Go to previous message
Hi,

After a moment of figuring-things-out I finally obtained something!

This project was of a great help.

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Model Execution trace = sequence diagram?
Next Topic:This diagram is contained in an unresolved resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:40:58 GMT 2024